seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
Hi all,
Am new to the forum.
Have been using the TD, image 3.29 original out of box installed for a while, but recently started using the PVR and have noticed that the time on the TD is running 12 mins behind which causes havoc when setting up timed events for recording.
Have tried to find some way to adjust it through the menus but no luck, seems time is controlled by satellite (Hotbird) but still out by 12 mins.
Any ideas, I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious here !!!

Many thanks in advance

Seaki :-bigsanta

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Welcome to the forum seaki. Don't know of any way you can manually adjust the time, as it takes it from the current transport stream of the provider.

You can update the time from an NTP-client rather than the satellite, but this might not be your problem.

I would certainly suggest updating your image to the latest one (19/10/2007), as there have been many bug fixes to the OSD, PVR functions etc. since your current image.

Llew

seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
Many thanks for the reply Llew

I''ll have to go and investigate how to do that.
Is there somewhere on the forum that describes the basics of the procedure and what is the current version of the latest image.

Many thanks

Seaki

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Post#3 in the 'How To' guides in this TD section has a FAQ you can download, which shows how to set up a network connection to your TD, allowing you to update an image.

You'll need a crossover LAN cable connection, or if you have a router, straight LAN patch cables from the router to your TD and PC.

Much the best application for uploading images to your TD is TD TOOL 1.02a, which you can find here -

http://www.armas.pl/download.html

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oh yes, and the latest official image can be found on the Armas site too.

Llew

seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
Many thanks Llew
Will have a go at that and see how i get on.
I assume that by updating the image I'll probaly lose all my favourites settings etc, or will they e retained

Seaki

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yes, you'll lose your settings and favs, so you will need to copy them to your PC and replace them when the new image is uploaded.

To do this, you need a file transfer program. Best (and free) one comes with the TD Control Centre TDCv1.2. Find it in post #15 of 'Tools for the TD' in the sticky this section.

In the bottom RH corner of this tool, click on Tools - FTP, and assuming you have a LAN connection up and running to your TD, your TD directories will appear in the LH column.

click on var - share - dvb2000. These are the settings and favourites you have in your TD. Transfer all the files to a folder - make a new one called 'Triple Dragon Old Settings' or whatever - if you haven't already got one - on your PC (RH column) by clicking the -> green button in the centre of the columns.

You can then reload them by clicking the <- green button in the FTP tool to the var/share/2000 directory when you have flashed a new image. This will upload them back to your TD.

Llew

seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
Hi again Llew

Think i've become expert at applying images at this stage :-googly

I could'nt apply the latest update image (19-10-2007) successfully without first applying full image (22-12-2006).

So presently on the latest official image, sent my favourites etc. back from PC to TD ..worked ok.

Problem i have now is that I have the splash image for channel in front of the channel permanently, but don't have use of the remote control or the buttons on the front of the TD itself.

Any ideas.

Should i try an unofficial image

Regards

Seaki

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sounds like box has locked up, switch the power off and on again to reboot it.

Glad you've had success in loading the image, yes you need the full image first before updates, thought the latest one on Armas was the full one.

Yes, you can try any of the unofficial ones, several on the JKF site TD section -

_www.gccadm.net/

Llew

seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
Llew

Tried cold startin it ..no joy....Channel is coming up as normal with channel information splash screen in front and a check for plugins window permanetly up on top left hand side of screen

no remote or front panel control

Seaki

seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
Llew

What unofficial image do you recommend, ver etc.
Do you modify images yourself and upload ?

What are the adavantages / differences in usin unofficial images

Thanks for all the help so far by the way

Seaki

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
For the freeze problem, try erasing var-part in the bootloader before re-uploading the image. This is a known problem when the var folder is full.

I'm using TDMan 9a std. at present, which gives you emulators to open various encrypted channels. There's a later version which you could try.

9a has the facility to update emulators and k e y s via a remote server through your network connection, easier than doing it manually.

Llew

seaki

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 3.29
My Location
Ireland
var-part in bootloader

How is this done Llew..could you elaborate

Seaki

seaki

Reaction score