66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Still got my Xbox 360 ...and I can of course play games on the PC ...but sitting for many hours in comfort is important to me these days ..so migrated to the console some time back...
..but am considering an Xbox 1 ..
I dont want one of thes bundles being offered..as I only really want certain games ..
I do like to start and finish a game during my Xmas week off ...and this year I want the latest Tomb Raider as my game of choice ..
So ..enough waffle ..and to the point..
Has anyone got an Xbox 1 original with spdif out on the rear they want to sell at reasonable monies ?
I know it is possible to buy one new for about £230 ...and more if bundled with games I simply dont want ..
..and for the amount of use I'd put it to ..a good condition used one with controller would be suitable.
As I said ..
at this point I'm in the 'consider it' stage ...but figured it worth an ask.
rgds
VS

A

Archive-8

I have a 360 & one. I love the 360, and hate my one with a vengeance.

Half of the things the 360 could do the one doesn't.

Just my humble opinion but stay clear of the Xbox one's

I was caught when they were £450, I have only turned it on twice this year.

And don't get me started on the price of the games, compared to the 360 games.

Oh and not backwards compatible games and parts.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
I have a 360 & one. I love the 360, and hate my one with a vengeance.

Half of the things the 360 could do the one doesn't.

Just my humble opinion but stay clear of the Xbox one's

I was caught when they were £450, I have only turned it on twice this year.

And don't get me started on the price of the games, compared to the 360 games.

Now you've triggered the avoid response in my brain ..
Cheers Chris
;)
I take it I can't get the new Tomb Raider for the 360 ?
which is probably the reason I was even considering the upgrade ..
doh!
btw I luv TR ...and have played and completed every variation since its creation EXcept ..the latest..

Last edited:
A

Archive-8

Now you've triggered the avoid response in my brain ..
Cheers Chris
;)
I take it I can't get the new Tomb Raider for the 360 ?
which is probably the reason I was even considering the upgrade ..
doh!
Most new games are still being made for both platforms. Just with different release dates.

They used, call of duty to scare, I mean persuade people they had to upgrade, otherwise you wouldn't get the new game.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Is it me or is "new tech" worse than "old tech". I had a 360 for many years now and do enjoy playing an occasional game on it. The One (and PS4) seem to rely a lot on the internet and have some "features" that one simply does not need (a bit like tetris on satellite receivers...).

And don't get my started on the latest and not so greatest Apple Macbook with just TWO connectors on it (power supply/USB-C and headphone socket). Or the iPhone 7 with no headphones.... W...T...F....

A

Archive-8

I loved playing the driving games on my 360, I used to stream the music from my nas so the in car "radio" was of my choosing.

The one just makes things so awkward, the sound from the unit is so blurred and meh.

Then the games for the one is roughly 60gb's or bigger. My console being gen 1 had a 500gb hdd and I ran out of space, just after downloading the free games bundle that came with the box, put on call of duty and bingo no space.

And I was caught having to buy the same version of call of duty just so I could play the new game at the time on my new box.

And just to rub salt in to the wound I had to start again, all my game saves etc that was stored on the 360cloud storage wasn't compatible.

I bitterly regret the day I bought my Xbox one, unlike my 360, and the original Xbox.

I have given up with them all together now.

Microshaft will not be getting any more of my money!!!

Once bitten twice shy.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I loved playing the driving games on my 360, I used to stream the music from my nas so the in car "radio" was of my choosing.

The one just makes things so awkward, the sound from the unit is so blurred and meh.

Then the games for the one is roughly 60gb's or bigger. My console being gen 1 had a 500gb hdd and I ran out of space, just after downloading the free games bundle that came with the box, put on call of duty and bingo no space.

And I was caught having to buy the same version of call of duty just so I could play the new game at the time on my new box.

And just to rub salt in to the wound I had to start again, all my game saves etc that was stored on the 360cloud storage wasn't compatible.

I bitterly regret the day I bought my Xbox one, unlike my 360, and the original Xbox.

I have given up with them all together now.

Microshaft will not be getting any more of my money!!!

Once bitten twice shy.
Is the 500gb one really that useless then Chris? Sounds the same as the 360's original 20Gb version, 8 Gig left for actual use was wholly ridiculous

Sent from my thl_T7 using Tapatalk

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The One (and PS4) seem to rely a lot on the internet and have some "features" that one simply does not need (a bit like tetris on satellite receivers...).

Now, if Sky had put tetris on their boxes at the same time they built in the tuner/psu issues.......

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

An XBox 1 upgrade about a year ago was supposed to allow backward compatility with 360 games.

Or was it all a dream ?

A

Archive-8

Is the 500gb one really that useless then Chris? Sounds the same as the 360's original 20Gb version, 8 Gig left for actual use was wholly ridiculous

Yes by the time I had download the 3 games that came with the box (60gb each) and the os, takes a fair chunk.

You really need a 1tb or bigger, just like the price £60+ for the one version.

A

Archive-8

An XBox 1 upgrade about a year ago was supposed to allow backward compatility with 360 games.

Or was it all a dream ?
Only some of the games are backwards compatible.

But if you download the games with gold free downloads then, they are cross platform.

But they install to the hdd, and use the disk from the other console to start the game.

And it takes a large amount of space.

With the 360 box I could buy an upgrade hdd or mod some western digital hdd's I did it to upgrade my 20gb to a 120gb hdd.

Then I had to buy another 360 console that had a different hdd slot, so I had to take the drive out of the old enclosure and buy a caddy to slot it in to my new console.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Only some of the games are backwards compatible.

But if you download the games with gold free downloads then, they are cross platform.

But they install to the hdd, and use the disk from the other console to start the game.

And it takes a large amount of space.

With the 360 box I could buy an upgrade hdd or mod some western digital hdd's I did it to upgrade my 20gb to a 120gb hdd.

Then I had to buy another 360 console that had a different hdd slot, so I had to take the drive out of the old enclosure and buy a caddy to slot it in to my new console.
When I seen how easy it was to just remove the 2.5 drive from what was essentially just a plastic facade with a data ribbon converting the drives interface from the standard to their own proprietary plug I was like "Oh hell no M.S. you greedy dirty b@#t@rds!" and just popped it out and stuck it in my new "slim" that I had treated myself to at the time, very fly, the Sony PS3 allowed HDD change with the removal of like four screws, I have no idea how they went with the PS4 but given the trend I take it they done a M.S.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
I still fancy a Xbox One for Gears of War 4 as I loved the campaign thru the first three games (I have no games machine at all bar my phone) but your post has really gave me food for thought, the Xbox One has been a total marketing kamikaze mission, M.S. have ruined what was (Despite the Japanese market) one of their still successful "brands", gimps!! Glad I read this thread. Thanks Chris.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-04-20-13-24.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-04-20-13-24.png
    822.2 KB · Views: 4

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The last game I played (and still do)

A

Archive-8

The last game I played was this

IMG_1273.JPG

Got 90% through it on xbox360 & then went and bought the Xbox one bundle and had to start again.

I was so disappointed in the one, I haven't used for more than 8 hours it's entire life.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
By coincidence a pair of headphones appeared in the local charity shop late last week for a tenner.

EX-05s PS4

Brand new and complete with all the accessory connectors

I got round to trying them last night (on the laptop) and was surprised at how good they are. I can't understand why there is a need for such ungainly hard wiring though as this would normally be the death of them in a gaming environment, or if I still owned a cat (with teeth).

Smormad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
180E Intelsat 18
My Location
USA
Why is everyone getting PS5 when the new Xbox is better?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You're wrong. They are both crap.

What you want is a SNES.