Timebomb in Gemini Image?

ACaD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2 with Phoenix Interface. Irdeto II SmartCard.
My Location
Earth
I bought a DM600 3 weeks ago and within the last week it has developed network problems. If I use FTP software to transfer a file from the PC to the Dreambox the speed is about 2.9MB/s. However, if I transfer a file from the Dreambox to the PC, the maximum speed I get it about 200KB/s. Sometimes is goes as low as 25KB/s. A few times it's been about 400KB/s. I have even had problems sometimes connecting via FTP of HTTP. Before this problem started, I was able to record a channel to the PC without problems. Now, every few seconds, there is stuttering and pixelation.

The Dreambox initially had Gemini 4.4.0. I upgraded to PLi Jade 3. I spoke to the seller and he said I could send it back for a swop but it would be better if I reverted to the original image before I do just in case he had problems with the supplier. I have found the image file on _www.dreamboxtool.com. Is it safe to download the file from this site? Also, I am afraid of a timebomb. Is it in DM600 images? Is there also a chance of having bootloader problems?

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

ACaD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2 with Phoenix Interface. Irdeto II SmartCard.
My Location
Earth
Just thought I'd follow up on this thread. I eventually decided to download the image from _www.dreamboxtool.com and _www.dreambox.it. I compared the two files and both were the same. I flashed the Dreambox and it worked.