Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon DBS3000
(500GB HDD)
ASTRA & Hotbird
My Location
Belgium
Hi there,
I have a TD (500GB HDD) with Extreme3.2 on board with an original CanalSatellite(Viaccess) card.
I am having problem with the Timeshift function. (red hand button)
When I watch encrypted channels, the Timeshift works for less than a minute and then .. black screen... (or it freezes)
I had a look at the TS file and it looks

On the contrary, this does not happen with the PVR function. I can record any emission, encrypted or free-to-air

Any idea on what's wrong ? Help
How can I troubleshoot ?

Shall I switch to a newer image ? (e.g.: TDman07072009)

Thanks
Palmer

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Could well be a problem with that image, depends on how old it is (never used it myself). I know there was a fix for Timeshift problems with encrypted channels on an earlier TD official image, but this was corrected way back in 2005.

By all means try the later TDman image, it's fine on mine using an 'unofficial' CAM.

Llew

pcolamar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon DBS3000
(500GB HDD)
ASTRA & Hotbird
My Location
Belgium
Llew said:
Could well be a problem with that image, depends on how old it is (never used it myself). I know there was a fix for Timeshift problems with encrypted channels on an earlier TD official image, but this was corrected way back in 2005.

By all means try the later TDman image, it's fine on mine using an 'unofficial' CAM.

Llew

Llew,
the image I have (eXtreme3.2) allows me to use the canalsat's original smartcard directly in one of the slots ( I guess via EMU's !) Do you know if the TDman image has emu's too and so if it can work straightforward with original (Viaccess) smartcard ?

Cheers

Palmer

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes Palmer, all the TDman images come with EMUs. I can use my BSkyB card with that image, I would think a Viacess card wuld be OK too.

Llew

pcolamar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon DBS3000
(500GB HDD)
ASTRA & Hotbird
My Location
Belgium
Llew said:
Yes Palmer, all the TDman images come with EMUs. I can use my BSkyB card with that image, I would think a Viacess card wuld be OK too.

Llew

Ok, so I can give it a try.

I have just to grasp better the update process and I will give it a shot.
Particularly if I succeed in getting 2 images (Flash + HDD) on my TD.

Thanks

Palmer