TM5302 HD + OP Gibertini 100 XP + Inverto Premium PLL Lnb set up is best for Feed Hunting

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Best for Feed Hunting in my opinion

After testing several combinations I have found that this one works very well,

TM5302 HD + OP Gibertini 100 XP + Inverto Premium PLL Lnb set up is best for Feed Hunting,

My favourite receiver for feed hunting the TM5502HD has developed electrical problems & may have to be scrapped :(

So I have set up the TM5302HD now I knew that this receiver does not work well with the Inverto Black Ultra Lnb so I looked for an alternative Lnb with high performance,

I have set up the OP Gibertini 100 XP with a TM5302HD,
I tried several Lnb's & the best results came with the Inverto Premium PLL Lnb

Sadly the Inverto Black Ultra & Golden Media 201+ worked well on most feeds but Direct to Home transponders on 28.2°E,19.2°E & 13°E overloaded signals with the TM5302HD = no signal,

The Inverto Premium PLL Lnb with the OP Gibertini 100 XP & modified Lnb Arm (I cut off 22mm at the end of the arm)

Now this set up copes much better with low feed signals & high DTH transmissions with the TM5302HD is a perfect match

Last edited:

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
Hi mate, i too swapped out my old TM GOLD LNB for a Inverto PLL LNB, and i must say it is performing very well on my Laminas 1.2.

As for receivers, I use the Octagon SF8008 for dish steering, and general TV watching, but im still undecided on my secondary receiver for blind scanning \ feeds.

I have a TM-5302 now (got it for 30 quid) - an TM-6902, a Icecrypt S6600, and a Golden Interstar Alpha.

The TM-5302 i find too slow for Blind Scanning, i havent honed my skill like you have on this one, the TM-6902, is a bit too big, and offers nothing over the TM-5302 - although i havent used it much. The Golden Interstar misses some of the lower TP signals, but otherwise is a bargain for 40 or 50 quid, especially as it does multi-stream.

My pick of the bunch at the moment for blind scanning - for speed and accuracy is the Icecrypt S6600, its very quick, and i beleive it does 2Mhz increments by default, so its unbelievable really how quickly it scans an entire satellite, and finds very low SR signals

I might give the TM-6902 another go at some point, but its just so big. The TM-5302 is a nice compact unit in comparison.