Total TV

Steve Stras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
W2 astra
My Location
Strasbourg
Just for information I just installed a Total TV system at my place. Picture quality is ok but not great, far better than Tring though. English football coverage (Via Sportklub) appears to be ok, 2 or 3 Saturday 15.00 plus all the games Sky UK would cover. Plenty of English language film channels along with the major US series. Not much in the way of HD.

I picked up this system in Belgrade a couple of weeks ago for 15000 Serbian dinars (about €155) - 6 month subscription and a decoder. Card appears to be tied to the box. Weird system, you a call a number and then a guy turns up a few hours later with a dish and a receiver and you pay him in cash, I think I probably paid for a dish as well....One interesting thing he told me - Sportklub have 3 other channels which are only available via cable operators in Serbia and each channel shows a live EPL game at 15.00 on a Saturday, apparently Total TV will have these extra three channels 'soon' whatever that means. If they do carry those channels they'll then be showing 5 or 6 EPL games at 15.00 on a Saturday and they will suddenly become very, very popular in the UK. Total TV is carried on Eutelsat 16.

Soup is clearly very popular in Serbia. The amount of soup ads on this channel is second only to beer...you can have vegetable, chicken, beef and even dumpling soup......

Steve

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Steve Stras said:
If they do carry those channels they'll then be showing 5 or 6 EPL games at 15.00 on a Saturday and they will suddenly become very, very popular in the UK. Total TV is carried on Eutelsat 16.

And if they cant or wont stop the cards leaking into the UK they will lose their 3pm rights just like DigitAlb did a few years ago.

Steve Stras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
W2 astra
My Location
Strasbourg
Digitalb appear to have learned their lesson, I was in Kosovo recently and Digitalb now have some deal with Ipko (a local ISP and cable tv operator) where they broadcast 3pm games via Ipko's local backbone infrastructure.

andyw37

SkysNotTheLimit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tring 90cm & Viasat
My Location
Moscow
Steve Stras said:
Just for information I just installed a Total TV system at my place. Picture quality is ok but not great, far better than Tring though. English football coverage (Via Sportklub) appears to be ok, 2 or 3 Saturday 15.00 plus all the games Sky UK would cover. Plenty of English language film channels along with the major US series. Not much in the way of HD.

I picked up this system in Belgrade a couple of weeks ago for 15000 Serbian dinars (about €155) - 6 month subscription and a decoder. Card appears to be tied to the box. Weird system, you a call a number and then a guy turns up a few hours later with a dish and a receiver and you pay him in cash, I think I probably paid for a dish as well....One interesting thing he told me - Sportklub have 3 other channels which are only available via cable operators in Serbia and each channel shows a live EPL game at 15.00 on a Saturday, apparently Total TV will have these extra three channels 'soon' whatever that means. If they do carry those channels they'll then be showing 5 or 6 EPL games at 15.00 on a Saturday and they will suddenly become very, very popular in the UK. Total TV is carried on Eutelsat 16.

Soup is clearly very popular in Serbia. The amount of soup ads on this channel is second only to beer...you can have vegetable, chicken, beef and even dumpling soup......

Steve

Is the premiership in english?

Ta

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Most of the Players aren't.

andyw37

SkysNotTheLimit
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tring 90cm & Viasat
My Location
Moscow
steve Stras,

what channels do you get on this card?

Andy

Steve Stras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
W2 astra
My Location
Strasbourg
Hello Andy
You get many film channels, plus the usual suspects like NatGeo et al, a quick search on the net should give you a full list.
My subscription doesn't include the the Pink and HBO channels. Nearly all channels, except the generic local ones, are in english with Serbian subtitles.

Premier league football is carried on sportklub,sportklub + and SK Prime. Commentary is only available ineither Serbo-Croat or Slovenian.

Hope this helps
Steve

Moderator's Note

Please don't post live links to outside sites.

Steve Stras

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
W2 astra
My Location
Strasbourg
'Moderator's Note

Please don't post live links to outside sites.'

Apologies, I've edited the original post

defensor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
13/16/19
edision
My Location
grecce
Hello there. One gets the package total tv hd. I would like to know about the image quality of sportclub hd.