Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple dragon & Technomate receivers
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello,I've ordered a Triple dragon from Hisat and it will be here tomorow so is there any advice on anything special that i should to do before i start watching it.Hisat will load all the software for me so hopefully everything will be straight forward.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Let us know which image is loaded - I think they use TDman.
That should open plenty of channels if you are motorised.

If you are using a DisecQ motor, you'll need to set up your dish positions (DisecQ and Rotor Configuration in the Menu - see the manual).

I don't use DisecQ for my motorised dish, but you should find it self-explanatory.

Just ask if you need help on EMUs, file transfer etc.

Llew

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Cheers mate,I want it to replace my Gbsat and i want to loop through my Technomate 1500 with it.At the moment i'm using a stab motor and usuals set up so i'll just put my long & lat numbers in and hopefully it will be ok.I want to connect it to my Orange wireless livebox so i think i'll have to get a Netgear XE102 bridge adapter as my Td will be upstairs and my pc is on the 3rd floor.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Another option would be a WiFi adapter into your TD's LAN socket, but it might suffer from dropouts depending on distance, walls etc when transferring large files or images.
I reckon the Netgear route, although more expensive, would be preferable in you situation.

Llew

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Cheers for all your advice Llew,i'll see what happens tomorow when it arrives.

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
Not to sway you or put you off. I am a TD owner myself but support of late does seem to be dropping off for this receiver.
Also it is falling behind in its ability to open up packages with the Diablo cam and other cheaper receivers being able to open up more at the mo.

That said what you do get is high quality picture and sound its just not too future proof at the moment. I am sure EMU updates will improve that.

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello Llew,I got my Td yesterday and it came loaded with Tdman.All i have done is read different posts off different forums and its a bit too much to take in at the moment.First i want to connect my pc to the Td hopefully with a wireless usb adapter and then learn to change the different keys,i'm only used to using a Diablo cam to change keys the with.But i am impressed with the picture quality,very good.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi there, good to hear you're settling in with the TD.

Yes, plenty to read, but it's not rocket science :). A USB adaptor would be OK for transferring keys and settings, but too slow for uploading images and large files - the TD USB only has a 1.1 port. Best to use something like a Linksys WiFi LAN game adaptor or similar.

Llew