Tripple Dragon,connecting,with dreambox over ccam posible?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
is there a way,to conect,a triple dragon receiver,over the ccam protokoll,with a dreambox?
what files are needed?
thanks for your help!

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
The problem is m8, developers of the best know emulator such as CCcam, are not interested in the TD, not sure why ?. I think this has been a big downfall for the TD and reason's why many people have never bothered getting one due to support. I still consider it as the best dvbs receiver on the market, its well built, good quality componets.

There is an alternative emu called Mbox which can connect as client to cccam but i think this too has been reported not to work on TD. Worth checking i might be wrong, this would be the only solution.

H_SAT

Reaction score
My Location
BRISTOL UK
I have to disagree - But I will state my interest too

I'm a guy that loves Satellite TV - I was the origianal distributor for the DM but I soon decided that I didn't like the reliability problems of that/those receiver(s) which really made it impossible to give my customers good service and make money

I decided to become the TD agent because the receiver was so well made and there really was nothing the TD couldn't do although it may do it a different way

now to answer the question

CCCAM is one emulation/sharing software

Mgcamd, EvoCamd Gbox radegast are a few more

all can work in the TD but as the previous writer said the authors "are note interested in the TD"

so ask yourself why?

it's not because the TD has a technical issue with running CCCAM - buggy versions of software have come out for the TD which use CCCAM these software versions have been glued together by people cleverer than I

it's not because the TD can't do the things that CCCAM can do either because the afforementioned other emulators all work very well and all offer the same benefits

so that only leaves one remaining issue

who ultimately is paying for CCCAM developement?

Now I don't *know* the answer to that - but we can "join the dots" can't we(?)

the oldest law known to man is called the law of cause and effect

I'm a TD user and proud of it and as for support well maybe it just hasn't made it to this forum - but there certainly is loads of it about :) email me if you really can't find it

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Regarding your last paragraph H SAT - I reckon I've done a reasonable job in this very section providing information for the TD since I obtained one when they first appeared here in the UK.

Granted we don't provide softcams/keys etc., but then they could be found all over the net anyway - your bolthole in particular. Keep up the good work :)

Llew

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
I think this has been a big downfall for the TD and reason's why many people have never bothered getting one due to support.

Tony m8, the above statement of mine was comparing with dreambox. I understand where you comming from. During the development of the early beta version of dvb2000 software i was very fortunate to be given the opportunity by Uli, Micha and others to give my feedback regarding the firmware, i was one of the active members on the forums helping with beta testing. But you are correct that the support is out there for the TD and like you and many more have done a great job helping members.

For us not forgetting LIew on here, has done a grand job, one member supporting this great receiver. That is remarkable in itself :)

But sorry Turok m8, this doesn't help or answer your question.

mads2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD3000
My Location
Norway
Hi H SAT.

I cant find your email address, but I have no idea what to do.
Can you tell me where I can find the software I need to use my TD against CCcamd. my email is my username at hotmail

I would really appreciate the help :-)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
As he inferred, he doesn't use Cccam in his images.

Llew

H_SAT

Reaction score
My Location
BRISTOL UK
The current version of Mgcamd supports CCCAM servers
therefore it is easily possible to connect a TD to a CCCAM server

jokerooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000
My Location
eire
Possible its not mean will be good quality

A nonymous

Reaction score
I've played with connecting my dBox2 & Dreamboxs together with the DM running CCcam and the dBox2 running MGCamd. It worked extremely well and i can't honestly say there was any major differences other than i wouldn't be able to share back to the CCcam server.

If you were using newcs/MGCamd with it you could theoretically give a line back to a CCcam server, albeit it being an N line and not a c-line but you could at least share back.

At the time of the test the version of MGCamd i used could only connect to CCCam clients 2.1.1 and below.

I did look at the TD but decided against it in the end because of the lack of CCCam support.

I may have a play with one at some point in the future if one comes along for the right money :D

Nano

passete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000
My Location
fr
After many many hours and days testing diferent Images, here what i found :

Install Tdman image from 26/02, now go to var/keys and add your lines on cccam.list (i'm working with 2 Clines from my 2 servers)
Something like this:
C: 192.168.1.12 30000 triple dragon (Cccam 2.1.3 client) C: 192.168.1.15 27000 tripled dragon2 (Cccam 2.1.4 client)
Don't change anything from original image, all files have atributs of 644.

Now, reboot the box, normaly you get the picture, and after 10 minutes (as usual, freezing starts).
At this point, here what i found :
Enter menu, go to "extras" enter "Bmtoy", go to "configure" on "emu mode" scroll and chose Gbox, now go down to "restart emu" and press OK.
Wait a few moments and picture will restart.
Using this method since few hours (zaping on sky uk, it, csat etc) and not a single Freezing.

Fingers Crossed

PS Working since yesterday? no Problems, ha to do the trick (Enter menu, go to "extras" enter "Bmtoy", go to "configure" on "emu mode" scroll and chose Gbox, now go down to "restart emu" and press OK.) Just Once

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
thanks for updating my topic ,after long long time:)
i sold my TD in the meantime,so i cannot test it!
maybe i buy this receiver again ,in the future,we will see!

BGPv4

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 1.2m, CM 1.8m
My Location
Sweden
Neutrino is available for this box, anyone tried?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
passete said:
After many many hours and days testing diferent Images, here what i found :

Install Tdman image from 26/02, now go to var/keys and add your lines on cccam.list (i'm working with 2 Clines from my 2 servers)
Something like this:
C: 192.168.1.12 30000 triple dragon (Cccam 2.1.3 client) C: 192.168.1.15 27000 tripled dragon2 (Cccam 2.1.4 client)
Don't change anything from original image, all files have atributs of 644.

Now, reboot the box, normaly you get the picture, and after 10 minutes (as usual, freezing starts).
At this point, here what i found :
Enter menu, go to "extras" enter "Bmtoy", go to "configure" on "emu mode" scroll and chose Gbox, now go down to "restart emu" and press OK.
Wait a few moments and picture will restart.
Using this method since few hours (zaping on sky uk, it, csat etc) and not a single Freezing.

Fingers Crossed

PS Working since yesterday? no Problems, ha to do the trick (Enter menu, go to "extras" enter "Bmtoy", go to "configure" on "emu mode" scroll and chose Gbox, now go down to "restart emu" and press OK.) Just Once

passete, this is the second time I've removed an image file from your posts. DO NOT POST RECEIVER IMAGES - READ THE RULES!