Ts 2 Dvd

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
chuckles said:
Well my experience with Nero Express 3 is that it did not merge the .ts files and I could not find out how to isolate the English soundtrack. Apart from that it seemed to take hours for just one DVD.

Using Nero:

1) When you "Add video files", in the file-selection window, you can select multiple .ts files, so you don't need to do previously the merge operation

2) The audio-track is a bit hidden : in "Edit movie", selecting the clip property (the check just after the scissors in the icon-bar) you can choose the primary audio track

3) yes, the time is long, but I prefer to make a dvd in a single, unattended, step instead to use interactively several tools.

Obviously everyone has his preferred tools, and it's a good thing to have so many choices to do one job.

Have a nice day!

mbranco

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
I found that nero ex wouldnt burn the ts files to disc too.

Why not? the Nero output can be to dvd, but also on hard-disk as "image recorder" or you can write to an harddisk folder.

Bye!

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Just reading the thread about having to join up vid files, i've just recorded for the first time as a tester a small file of 113meg on my DB and found that i could transfer this ts file as one file to PC and burn it to DVD and play it on my DVD player no probs, i don't understand why this works when there's all this talk about joining files, is there a maximum segment file size before files are seperated, not quite sure what i'm babbling on about but someone might!
Richard.

mbranco

Reaction score
By default, DB segments a recording in 1gbyte chunks (one film is usally 3-4 files).

You can setup db to do bigger files, so you can have one recording = one file , but problems can arise after when you want to transfer these files on your PC (for example Samba don't transfer bigger files).

Joining files is not necessary for several programs which permit to select multiple input files (for example Nero, PVA....), but other programs need to have just only one input file, so people using these programs need to join them before.

:)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
If you got network with LAN to your computer you could record it streight onto your computer like I do with my 5620....no problems there with large files.

carlysun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 M Dish 13 deg KU Band

DM500s receiver
chuckles said:
What cant you get to open? The site or the downloaded file? Just checked and link is OK. It is a trial version but I can send you the hack if you want it.
@chuckles
Have just entered the murky waters of ts to dvd.

saw that dvr studio is the way to go. have downloaded it and would be grateful if you could send me the crack

thanks

carlysun

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
try astalavista.box.sk

carlysun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

DM500s receiver
mhku said:
try astalavista.box.sk

had a look but can't find anything to do with dvr-studio.

looks like a huge database...can you give me any other hint?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
h__p://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=dvr+studio+crack&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

carlysun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup

DM500s receiver
mhku said:
h__p://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=dvr+studio+crack&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

I had tried this but only managed to get the one for dvr-studio....not the pro version.

will keep looking

cheers

viron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
D500 S
My Location
Greece
Get descaler codec from http://www.dscaler.org
And you will be able to play all .ts files generated by your dreambox with all players and video programs.
Notice that you will have to change-rename the files from .ts to .mpg

I test it with descaler 5 and dreambox 500S and it works just fine.

Regards,
Viron.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
viron said:
And you will be able to play all .ts files generated by your dreambox with all players and video programs.

Regards,
Viron.

Thanks for that Viron, will have a bash at it when Dvr goes beserk.

kartherton

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tecnomate 5500cip plus.
Dragon Cam & loader card.
Cards = M2, Blue tit, Gold, Fun 5.
Phenix and fun programmers.
Skystar 2.
80cm Dish.
36v motor.
Dual LNB.
My Location
Norfolk UK
viron said:

Regards,
Viron.

What exactly do i need to download from the above site, to get the codec?
Thanks.
kartherton.

spuey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm transparent dish
jaeger h to h motor
v box
dreambox 7025 300gig hdd
My Location
uk
hi,

just a quick question. If your ftp a file of about 2 gig, roughly how fast is your transfer rate? I`ve been trying to transfer a ts file to my laptop and it gonna take about 46 hours. What rate should i be expecting from my 7020?

cheers phil

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
spuey said:
hi,

just a quick question. If your ftp a file of about 2 gig, roughly how fast is your transfer rate? I`ve been trying to transfer a ts file to my laptop and it gonna take about 46 hours. What rate should i be expecting from my 7020?

cheers phil

Cant see the transfer rate but should only take about 5 mins 10 max with broadband connection. Make sure your firewall is not trying to block it. Switch it off and try again & close all other programmes down as this will slow down the speed too.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
alright, here's my experience converting .ts streams to .mpeg

1. hjsplit.exe to join the .ts files after adding .001 to each as per existing instruction
  2. demux....I've had more joy with ProjectX, a Java-based tool.
  3. ensure your desired audio stream matches filename (pre .) to the video file
  4. mpegschitt the feckers as per instructions
  5. TMPGenc the cut files to your mpeg

Now the Java ProjectX looks daunting when you get to it but to be honest with my .ts files, I've had better luck demuxing with that than the PVA tool.

Opening it from the .jar file brings up a frightening interface but you don't need to do much - there's a + sign in the bottom right to add your streams for video and audio and then there's a button halfway up on the left side to bring up the process box. I've not dug deeper but it seems to work nicely.

Top Kit. :D

cdance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
romania
here a good one,its not in english but u can manage by the inside pictures

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
Surely DVD and its pixellated MPEG2 compression is on the way out? What we should be doing is encoding to H264, even SD stuff.? Standard def MPEG2 TS streams when they are recoded to DVD compliant files -will they lose quality again or do they keep the same bitrate?

Anyhow I have been experimenting with a freeware program called _www.winnydows.com/page.php?2"]XVid4PSP It will take raw TS streams and encode to H264 based MP4 and a range of other formats. Really easy to use pain free way of doing this when it doesn't crash - just don't change any settings.

Have any of you tried converting to MP4 and newer codecs? Which do you think is the best codec to use keeping the quality, the TS streams are so big!

I have a few old multivision recordings as ts files. They are almost worth keeping as a demonstration of how to broadcast great quality high bitrate tv. The french know how to do it. The quality of a lot of uk channels is shocking.