Unless I unplug F connector every time: I cannot get Horizontal High Band Frequencies

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
Hello,

I would really appreciate some of your experts help as I really struggle last week or more to get the picture for some of ART and OSN packages on my receiver.
I have DM7020Si with E1 4.70 on it.
System in building is centralized and with three antennas:
1. Hotbird with Universal LNB
2. Nilesat with non-standard LNB [Quattro LNB Eurostar] ( supporting company says “just set up to 10600 ”
3. Nilesat with non-standard LNB [Quattro LNB Eurostar] ( supporting company says “just set up to 10600 ”
4. Have tried E1 4.70 and E2 4.4 and I have refreshed satelites.xml but it did not help.
If I use cheap TECHNOSAT FTA - there is no problem I can get all channels with next settings performed by service which maintains the building’s SMATV:
LNB 1 – Universal
Sat Hotbird
DiseqC command: 1
22 Hz – Auto
0/12 V? set to 0V
--------------------------------
LNB 2 – 10600
Sat : Nilesat
DiseqC command: 2
22 Hz – Off
0/12 V? set to 0V
------------------------------------
LNB 3 – 10600
Sat : Badr
DiseqC command : 2
22 Hz – Off
0/12 V? set to 0V
-------------------------------------------------
If I use my DM7020 in Satellite shop near by - with simple A/B settings – I can get all channels
But, I cannot get High band Horizontal Channels on 7W in my flat:
I have tried the following:
1. Tested different Power supply spots – did not resolved the issue
2. Tested different settings for LOF/L{H} and threshold - – did not resolved the issue
3. Measured voltage on F connector while changing from V to H frequency
Nothing helped.
• Hotbird is getting signal only when set up as DiseqC command A/B
• Nilesat and Arabsat are locked only if set as DiseqC command 1 and 2 respectively
But I cannot get high band Horizontal frequencies unless I disconnect F connector and reconnect only central copper wire to LNB input on dreambox.
I have tried all frequency combinations that I found on net. Nothing worked. Then, I've perused this problem by Google and look at the solutions that other suggested. All this would be faster if I have had internet but still I do not.

There was one man saying he resolved a problem by loosing f connector. I have set required channel by remote, I 've disconnected antenna cable on the back and connect only central copper wire to the box and channel worked!!!

I set the settings as on my TECHNOSAT [please refer to attached shots].

But I cannot get the picture back on the same channel ( signal is OK but not as strong as in the first place) if I change to another channel and again back to previous ( box is saying : "... Service could not be found...")

in two cases:

1) If I switch to another Vertical high band Freq on same sat ( 7W)

2) If I switch to Hotbird channel ( V or H)

So tuner is showing picture only if I swap between horizontal frequency channels on the same sat ( this is valid only to Nilesat)

Once I change to Vertical on 7 W or any other HB channel and if I want picture back on those Horizontals on 7 W I need to take cable out and connect again only central copper wire?!
Second Problem is following:

While I enjoy these Horizontal Frequency channels on 7W and I swap to Vertical Channel to 7 W then I cannot see this Vertical Channel ( - "... Service could not be found...") neither Horizontal again unless I reconnect antenna again

NOTE: All this happen as well if I have other settings on LOF/L{H} and other threshold like Universal LNB settings or even higher frequencies for threshold

Please advice what to do and why such awkward behavior?

I have done measurements on DM output while changing from V to H

Only if I have settings on receiver DiseqC Command for LNB as AA AB BA AB or BB it changes voltage fast from 13 to 18 respectively.

Since Hotbird is set as A/B command it switches properly

But Nilesat and Arabsat are set as 1 and 2 commands for DiseqC - and in such case voltage is changing but very slow - it takes 6 seconds to swap between 13 to 18V.

Then I set up everything with AA AB BB BA combinations and I ve tried many ...

Unfortunately on Nilesat and Arabsat I cannot tune- it does not find anything in case commands are AA AB BB BA combinations. But it does switch voltage faster while changing between H to V polarization.

When I change commands for Nilesat and Badr to 1 and 2 respectively then I can tune but not horizontals

On Hotbird situation is opposite

It only works/tune with DiseqC command A/B and if I set it as 1,2,3 it does not tune at all.

I do perform soft reboot every time I change settings.

I have either this LNB:

ESKD-Q4

SPECIFICATIONS
Wide Ku Band Coverage
Analog and Digital Compatible
Low Noise Figure
High Conversion Gain
High Cross Polar Isolation
Excellent D.R.O. Stability
Low Harmonic Distortion
Stable Phase Noise over temperature performance
Reliable weather proofing
Noise figure: 0.5 dB
Conversion gain: 62 dB(Max)
DC Current Consumption: 250 mA
RF INPUT :Low Band 10.7~11.7 GHz
:High Band 11.7~12.75 GHz
IF Output :Low Band 950~1950 MHz
:High Band 1100~2150 MHz
L.O. Frequency :Low Band 9.750 GHz
:High Band 10.600 GHz
Operating Voltage :8~18 VDC

===================================

OR THIS ONE:

QP4-GOLD

SPECIFICATIONS
Wide Ku Band Coverage, Four output
Analog and Digital Compatible
Low Noise Figure
High Conversion Gain
High Cross Polar Isolation
Excellent D.R.O. Stability
Low Harmonic Distortion
Stable Phase Noise over temperature performance
Reliable weather proofing
Noise figure: 0.3 dB
Conversion gain: 64 dB(Max)
DC Current Consumption: 210 mA
RF INPUT :Low Band 10.7~11.7 GHz
:High Band 11.7~12.75 GHz
IF Output :Low Band 950~1950 MHz
:High Band 1100~2150 MHz
L.O. Frequency :Low Band 9.750 GHz
:High Band 10.600 GHz
Operating Voltage :Vertical 10~14.5 VDC
:Horizontal 16~20 VDC
Band Switching :Low Band 0 Hz
:High Band 22 KHz

=======================================================

Attachments

• nonstdsatellite.jpg
    nonstdsatellite.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 66
  • hb1.jpg
    hb1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 68
  • hb2.jpg
    hb2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 56
  • nile1.jpg
    nile1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 54
  • nile2.jpg
    nile2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 61

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
How many cables do you have coming into your flat. What are they connected to? Is there a multiswitch? Quattros LNBs must be fed into multiswitches.

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
Hi Robbo,

It is only one cable coming from one antenna socket.

I believe it is multiswitch. Company supporting the system rejects to give more details nor I can go to roof to see it . They say DM is illegal box.
I said it is illegal as it is i illegal to have a kitchen knife as you could harm with the knife , therefore they should forbid knifes and maybe kitchens...

Who cares if and for what I am using it - I am paying for my ART package and I use PVR function and I am happy.

Only way I found it works as if I re-un-re-plug cable to f connector putting only central wire into DM...

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Did you say it ALL works properly on a different receiver? Can you examine the settings on that?

I'm dubious about the system as there is a mixture of universal and quattro LNBs used. Ideally to get the receiver config right, one needs to know the system config.

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
Robbo said:
Did you say it ALL works properly on a different receiver? Can you examine the settings on that?

I'm dubious about the system as there is a mixture of universal and quattro LNBs used. Ideally to get the receiver config right, one needs to know the system config.

Yes Robbo:

Settings are simple in TECHNOSAT:

LNB 1 – Universal
Sat Hotbird
DiseqC command: 1
22 Hz – Auto
0/12 V? set to 0V
--------------------------------
LNB 2 – 10600
Sat : Nilesat
DiseqC command: 2
22 Hz – Off
0/12 V? set to 0V
------------------------------------
LNB 3 – 10600
Sat : Badr
DiseqC command : 2
22 Hz – Off
0/12 V? set to 0V
------------------------------------------------

but DM has three frequencies to set.

Anyhow this all works even with universal settings but only if I re-un-plug F connector

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello, try seting up all outputs to universal.
22 khz should be on on all 3
lnb universal
the 22 khz sets up upper an lower band
universat has 9.750/10.600 auto

the diseqc sets up which sat it will switch to.

you have a 12 input multiswitch.
4 inputs hotbird,4 nilesat ,4 badr

let us know if this fixes the problem
also are other residents receiving everything ok?
is they are than its the lnb setup wrong.
if no one is receiving it as well someone set the mulitswitch wrong

ralph

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
Hi

Dear Ralph,

Thanks on your reply. I have tried with 22 on as well but situation is the same. Other tenants including myself are receiving all channels fine but not on DM - they use other boxes and I can receive all channels on TECHNOSAT.

Supporting company says that only Hotbird has universal LNB and that for Nilesat I sahll choose 10600 type.
It is quadro lnb Eurostar connected to multiswitch.

They do not wish to help as they say DM is illegal box :-ohmy)

It must be frequencies in LNB but I ve tried them all. Only If I set 10700 on all three fields I can lock the signal on 12303 H at 7W using satfind or manual transponder scan but it finds nothing except couple of radio stations ... etc...

It works only if I unplug and connect cable with central wire having receiver on and at that horizontal channel.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It appears to me that the installation company have wired up the system in a very strange way, not giving the users full access to the satellites.

But as you able to make do with what is provided via the Technisat box, and it works, then the DM will work too.

When you only connect the inner conductor of the cable, you are effectively stopping any DC voltage going to the multiswitch, as it has no ground refererence. The multiswitch will therefore not switch to its horizontal input. But if the installers have actually connected a horizontal band input to a vertical band input, it will work OK.

It looks to me, from your Dreambox menu pictures shown, that the Dreambox will in fact send 18V up the cable when you pick a horizintal tranponder.... I dont think you want it to do that possibly. Does making a horizontal TP into a vertical one (same frequency) get you a signal?

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
Hi Robbo and again thanks for your support guys :-ohmy)

I have actually measured and I can confirm that it sends 18 Volts on H. But wait - this is ok?

But please note that having only inner cable connected If I switch to Hotbird V or H - it still works

But having only inner cable in DM if I switch to same satellite (7w) but V band - no picture and than I can get it only if I unplug and plug back only inner cable.

So everything works but if I re-un-plug only inner cable?!

Changing from vertical to horizontal using Manual Transponder scan does not get better signal nor lock.

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
One important note: I do get all channels on TECHOSAT and other tenants do get on their Coships, Visionnet, etc...
But I cnnot get it in DM.

They have exclusive rights to provide IPTV and SHOWTIME through IPTV - they have colision of interest if you directly apply with SHOWTIME and use official coship box. Other users have had problems to receive channels but it was fixed.

Also I can get them on my TECHNOSAT

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
jezekilj said:
Hi Robbo and again thanks for your support guys :-ohmy)

I have actually measured and I can confirm that it sends 18 Volts on H. But wait - this is ok?

But please note that having only inner cable connected If I switch to Hotbird V or H - it still works

But having only inner cable in DM if I switch to same satellite (7w) but V band - no picture and than I can get it only if I unplug and plug back only inner cable.

So everything works but if I re-un-plug only inner cable?!

Changing from vertical to horizontal using Manual Transponder scan does not get better signal nor lock.

I'm not sure that you understand what I'm suggesting, or that I understand exactly what you are doing.

What I am suggesting is that you try say 12226H but instead of having the H, make it 12226V.

The functionality/operation of the hotbird signal cannot be trusted as it has a universal LNB, and shouldn't be connected to a multiswitch as it would not get its required switching tones or voltages.

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
Robbo,

I have tried this:

Set cable in the box

went to manual transponder scan

7w

Set 12303 H 3/4 27500 - no lock - search - nothing
Set 12303 V 3/4 27500 - no lock - search - nothing

Or do you mean to go to TP edit and first make it V there and then to search?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It shouldn't make any difference should it?

Ahh well, It was worth a try, I don't know what else to suggest.

jezekilj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SatFun
My Location
UAE
I have resolved all problems and back to usable environment

1. First I have done Factory reset
2. Then I set only one satellite using all three set to 10600
3. Then I set DiSeqC to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,AA,AB,AB,BA,BB respectively each time doing factory reset and searching on 7W
4. I have noticed that on DiSeqC set to command 1 it finds only Verticals and if set on 3 ?! it finds only Horizontals
5. I ve performed search going back to DiSeqC set as command 1
6. Then I added imaginary satellite 18W and set it as DiSeqC 3 and manually entered all Horizontal frequencies which resulted in locking and finding all channels
7. Now I can switch and use all programs having 18W and 7W
If nobody knows why this happen and how it works now since my route problem is resolved I would like to close this thread