dodgemaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tecnomate 5402hdci 85cm fortec star dish
tm2200 hh motor
windows 7 on packard bell all in one touchscreen
My Location
norfolk
as I was bored I thought I would play with the cam I used the updating bit in cas 3 and it says it cannot update this type of cam, I thought it was only the wireless that could not be updated, and a by product of it is the box will not recognise the cam now but that might just be a coincidence, is it likely that the cam is shot as its been sitting about for about 6 months, although it will still allow underworld to be programmed on

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Some files are just for the new Diablo 2 canm not the older Diablo 2.3, and 2.2, cams. You can only load the latest Underworld files on it, but as these only open extra channels with the Wi Fi version just stick with your old Underworld files.
Instead of updating the Underworld files just update the latest Diablo keys bin file.

dodgemaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm2200 hh motor
My Location
norfolk
I think my question was not very clear sorry, the updating bit I was trying was to update the cam from diablo 2.3 to the new diablo 2 via the cas 3 updating link , this is when it all started to go wrong

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I'm not sure if that option is still available, or if you should bother. Support for the Diablo 2 seems to be coming to an end, and it doesn't open a lot of channels, you might be better off saving your money and looking at some of the new receivers available.
Does your cam still read as a Diablo 2.3? Can you load Underworld files on it? Haveyou upgraded to the latest Cas Interface software?

dodgemaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm2200 hh motor
My Location
norfolk
yes I have downloaded the latest cas from their website, I can also load the underworld file I found, I cannot remember the version off hand and also put the latest key file on, the only problem with it seems to be the box will not recognise the cam, I usually get bright green and red lights on the cam and the box says initialising the cam but when I put it in the only thing that happens is there is a very low glowing green light, hope this makes some sense I cannot confirm its the cam or the box as this is the first time I have ever put a cam in it since I bought it, what would be a good reciever to be considering ?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Have you tried formatting the cam? I had a problem trying to load the latest Underworld file, on my old Cam, but had no problem with an earlier Underworld file, this could be due to the older Diablo 2.3 cams no longer being supported.

dodgemaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm2200 hh motor
My Location
norfolk
yes I did a format it loads ok because I can read it and overwrite the key file so I dont think putting the data on , the problem is when its put in the box it just wont read the cam , when you go into menu it does not recognise anything in the cam slot like I said I used to get a series of red and green lights flashing on the cam but now only a dull green light that blinks every 10 secs or so, the only thing I can think of is the cam has become damaged where its been kicking around for so long or the box has an issue reading the cam, I have shone a light in to see if any of the pins are damaged and it is all ok.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Did you upgrade the cam to Diablo 2 through cas studio because if you did and it was successful then you have been loading the wrong file onto the cam.

dodgemaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm2200 hh motor
My Location
norfolk
I did try to upgrade but it would not complete I can load underworld fine

dodgemaster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm2200 hh motor
My Location
norfolk
well I have cracked it ,I done a format so as to have a clean sheet then I found a backup file so loaded it updated the data and keys bin and xml files and all is working or at least the cam is being recognised by the box, have not tried to see if it can decode a channel yet but the most important thing is that the cam or the box has no fault with it the rest I can sort out later

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
There should still be a few channels to open MGM 10e biss etc, the key bins will list what's still open.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is there still a charge for the update of 2.3 to D2 ?