Using a sata cable extension vu+ duo 4k box

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
Would this be possible to use so I can install a 3.5" HDD with this box using an extension out of the hard drive caddy slot. Presumable I would have to remove the plastic bracket to get at the sata connectors to plug the extension in and have the HDD sitting next to the receiver.

How big can the HDD be and the receiver will still be able to format the whole drive? Is there a limit, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB?

SteliosGreece

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
solo4k Gibertini OP150s
My Location
Greece
up to 4tb disk yiu can use for internal
VU Plus

the power is only for 2.5 hard disk and if you place 3.5 may not working, i think the best way in order to use 3.5 hard disk is to use a usb3 external case and plug in one of the free usb3 slot.

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
If you remove the cady as you indicate, you can connect a 2'5 "disk directly, so you will not have problems to connect a normal cable for the hdd and connect to a board as an extender, so you can connect it outside, if you can not connect well, touch remove the cover and connect well.
Since I don't touch that equipment, I don't know if you'll have power + 12V in the connector.
Enigma2 has no problems with the disk size, I have 6TB and 8TB, other companions of 10TB.
Similar all equipment / receivers.
Initialize and format with the original image that the team has, it's more like and easy.
-----------
Si quitas el cady como indicas, se puede conectar un disco 2'5" directamente, por tanto no tendras problemas para conectar un cable normal para el hdd y conectar a una placa como un extensor, asi ya lo puedes conectar fuera, si no puedes conectar bien, toca quitar las tapa y conectar bien.
Como no toque ese equipo, no se si tendras alimentacion +12Voltios en el conector.
Enigma2 no tiene problemas con el tamaño del disco, los tengo de 6TB y de 8TB, otros compañeros de 10TB.
Similar todos los equipos/receptores.
Inizializa y formatea con la imagen origina que tenga el equipo, es mas como y facil.

Similar to this of the VU+uno4Kse./Similar a este del VU+uno4kse de 10mm (cady).

cady_uno4kse_t1.png

Option 2, connect the extender here.
The VU + Solo2 has the simil photo cables, but then only +5Volts, nothing +12V for the 3'5 "disks
--------------
Opcion 2, conectar el extensor aqui.
El VU+Solo2 tiene los cable simil foto, pero luego solo +5Voltios, nada de +12V para los discos de 3'5"

Last edited: