viasat reception in frankfurt, germany?

Alan Waddle

Reaction score
just got the viasat box in frankfurt-am-main, have a multifocus type dish (not sure about the brand), about 90cm, which has 5E, 13E and 28E. the latter 2 i receive fine, as you would expect, but only get viasat north beam every now and then (europe beam seems to be fine), ie looks like this is fringe reception area for north beam (which is unofrtunate since that's what i bought the box for!).

any idea what size dish i'd need to get the north beam? would multifocus/wavefrontier type dish do, or do i need a separate dish for viasat? have room for about 1m dish so wouldn't be a problem...

any help much appreciated thanks!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You are much better located than here in the UK to get the Nordic beam. It is just about possible,on a Wavefrontier T90.

If you have a torroidal multifocus, eg Wavefrontier, Wavefield, I would have thought you should be Ok, if adjusted properly.

But if you are using some other dish, without a sub-reflector, maybe it doesn't work that brilliantly over 20 degree spread, the Wavefrontiers do that very well.

A 1m dish on its own, shoould do the job easily I would have thought, A 1.2m does very well here, and a 1m fairly well.

The Europe beam on 4.8E is an easy catch on almost any sized dish.

Really need to see a photo of your setup, to even guess whether your dish should work.

Alan Waddle

Reaction score
thanks for the info!

i suppose i'll look into getting a separate dish for this, seeing as there is space and they aren't that expensive...