Virgin customers lose UKTV channels

A

Archive-8

Talks between Virgin Media and UKTV failed to solve an impasse over fees and 10 channels, including five which are free-to-air, disappeared from Virgin Media subscribers' televisions at 00.01am on Sunday.

Free-to-air channels Dave, Drama, Home, Really and Yesterday, along with paid-for channels Gold, Alibi, Eden, Good Food and W were all taken off Virgin boxes on Sunday, because of a dispute with UKTV.

At the moment, Virgin Media says it is trying to resolve the dispute and is considering letting customers leave their contract penalty-free on a case-by-case basis.
Read the full story:
Virgin customers lose UKTV channels - here's what to do if you're affected

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Talks between Virgin Media and UKTV failed to solve an impasse over fees and 10 channels, including five which are free-to-air, disappeared from Virgin Media subscribers' televisions at 00.01am on Sunday.

At the moment, Virgin Media says it is trying to resolve the dispute and is considering letting customers leave their contract penalty-free on a case-by-case basis.

Read the full story: Virgin customers lose UKTV channels - here's what to do if you're affected

Saw this a few days ago, VM are complete fuds lol

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Looks like these disputes are the future. Just remember Sky/Discovery, Channel 4 HD/Freesat and TF1/TNT....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Just goes to show, don't put all your eggs in one basket, cos if you travel that ploughed field without using a 2CV, they're gonna break... :-rofl2

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
For most, a £15 aerial will sort out the issue.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
And some of us don't even need the aerial living within 2 miles radius of Pontop Pike... :-rofl2