Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well this could be a more interesting trip instead of going to Spain!

The Voyager Station space hotel will produce its own artificial gravity. Onboard will be suites with toilets and showers, luxury villas, restaurants and even a basketball court.​

California-based Orbital Assembly has announced it will begin building the first-ever space hotel in 2025, which is expected to welcome its first guests in 2027.

The company’s Voyager Station is a rotating space station that will produce artificial gravity by increasing and decreasing its rate of rotation.

Gravity is essential for comfortable long-term habitation in space, and so the project has overcome this barrier by producing its own simulated gravity. As well as space tourists, the hotel is designed to welcome national space agencies conducting low-gravity research.

Full story:

I cant see any reference at to what sort of inclination for the orbital plane it will be in yet.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Somebody more intelligent as me will be able to calculate the rotational speed at which gravity appears Earthlike on a 200m diameter rim. (once every 20 seconds ?)

(Then they can work out the number of sick bags required each month)