Advice Needed Wall socket for Sky shotgun and TV coax

Dickiem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi,

New to the site and looking for some advice. Friend of my brothers (a satellite TV installer) fitted a sky dish for me and ran a shotgun cable through the wall, alongside a coaxial cable from the terrestrial roof aerial, into a single wall mounting box (a 25mm deep light switch box) and told me to get a quadruplex grid module from Screwfix (he marked the one I needed in the catalogue) so that I can have one faceplate for both sky and TV. Now that I've got the box set in place and the wall replastered, I've tried to connect up but find that the quadruplex has nowhere to connect the aerial coax! Is there a faceplate I can get which will allow me to connect the shotgun and coax cables into it using the single width box?....I've seen individual modules which will fit a 2G box but I really don't want to start knocking plaster off and setting boxes again:-/

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi,
The quad plate is diplexed. Search for a DIP2 DC or find an outlet with a terrerial feed. Fitting a 2G pattess isn't too difficult to put in.

Dickiem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, only problem I have is the 1G pattress is sitting between an existing double socket outlet and the telephone point so there isn't the physical space to retrofit a 2G:-/