Wanted smw ku-band quad multiband lnb

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
I was wondering if any one had a second hand SMW Ku-Band Quad Multiband LNB (switchable) Q-PLL Type G Size 23 or SMW Ku - Band WDL - PLL LNB Freq range 10.70 - 12.75 Ghz . Please let me know what Quad Band Muliband LNBs you have available looking to pay up to £200

Been trying to buy one from SMW in Sweden but it would seem there all in lock down over there .

Many Thanks

Attachments

• SMW LNB.PNG
    SMW LNB.PNG
    55 KB · Views: 25

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You have still not said why you think your existing one won't work.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
There are others in a large box at the back of the shed

Attachments

• 20200412_142439.jpg
    20200412_142439.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200412_142815.jpg
    20200412_142815.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 27

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Thanks for the replys guys the old LNB still works however its over30 years old and has a fair about of corrosion over it same goes for the corotor while the arms are off I might as well change the lot and be done with it . As far as the replacement goes I was thinking of a SMW Ku-Band Quad Multiband LNB (switchable) Q-PLL Type R or a E .

Attachments

• New SMW LNB.JPG
    New SMW LNB.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Spec of WDL-PLL LNB Type E.JPG
    Spec of WDL-PLL LNB Type E.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 18

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
How much money do you want to spend ?

What you are thinking of with regards to an equipment upgrade could be better served with a decent cleanup of what you already have.

You already own a decent analyser so why not check beforehand ?

Corrosion on aluminium/alloy is a natural protection process, don't worry about looks unless you are the type that likes to show off.

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Thanks for the reply CH as far as the money goes the heart of a sat system is having a biggest Dish you can get away with and the best spec LNB you can find however that does not mean I am going to spend £500 on a good LNB when I know that there going for allot less . The SMW Ku-Band Quad Multiband LNB (switchable) Q-PLL Type R + E have been around for well over 10 years and has a good track record but it is old but not as old as the system here . So if I can find a TYPE R or E thats at a good price then I will buy it . I missed out on the SMW LNB that Scopus had after doing some home work it was confirmed his twin port would have done the job using a Multi 2 Way Splitter 0/22KHz Multi Satellite Switch so second hand SMW LNBs are available at a reasonable price its just a case of finding one .

Well every thing on this install is over 30 years old and it seems pointless changing over some parts and not others in the same way the support arms where still doing there job but its good to replace them once the stainless steel ones arrive from Rimants arrive .

Oh yes I know very well about corrosion and the effects of electrolysis , As for showing off I am to old for that but if your going to take up a hobby why not go full bore for it , As I think you know I am radio ham some people have wire antennas some people have beams just go for the largest that will fit in the garden . My HF Beam has a boom over 32 feet 3 inch Dia and the elements are 26 feet across . If I had a bigger back garden things would get interesting but every thing here has planning permission as if you dont you will get a visit .

Any way back to the subject of SMW Lnbs there are some on ebay some there asking silly money for like a 11 year old TYPE R going for £519 from India any way the search continues .

Thanks again for the feed back .

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Ok bought a SMW Type R and now looking for a O ring and screw kit . Something like this .

Attachments

• O + Screw Kit.JPG
    O + Screw Kit.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 13