What is the difference between these meters satlink ws-7009se + satlink ws-6979se ?

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Does any one know what the difference is between these sat meters Satlink WS-7009SE + Satlink WS-6979SE they look like the same meter but the WS-6979SE is over £100 more but they look identical I have checked out the spec and again looks the same to me .
The WS-7009SE comes from the states and the WS-6979SE comes from Europe and China any one know what the difference is .

Many Thanks

Attachments

• WS-6979SE.JPG
    WS-6979SE.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Satlinik WS-7009SE.JPG
    Satlinik WS-7009SE.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 11

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A larger manual in colour

Last edited:

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Morning CH yes it would seem there both the same meter but there is a very large price difference the WS-6979SE comes from China and Europe at £229 with free postage and the Satlink WS-7009SE from the US is £125 ok there is Shipping cost at £17.00 plus import duty at £34 Total £176 .

This is why I thought I would ask . It looks like the Satlink WS-7009SE is the better deal I did ask the both dealers and dont both know nothing about them . I thought maybe its like Hikvision CCTV gear you cant upgrade its firmware if you buy out of that area so you would have to use a VPN service to upgrade but the Satlink WS-7009SE does say " Good for Europe " ? All very odd if the only difference is the manual .

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If you are lookng for a meter for a Precision dish then its a moot point.

Satlink, as has been mentioned before charges for software/upgrade services, which is why there are few sold.

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Thanks for the links CH yes I had seen the reviews of the WS-6979 on a few places but thousands of these meters have been sold you only have to look at how many second hand Satlink WS-6906 are for sale same goes for HORIZON HDSM V3 USB meters but one thing is for sure there all lighter than the SatLook hanging round your neck at 5.5 Kg .

But I have yet to come across any second Hand WS-6979 ones things for sure China seems to make 70 % of the meters on the market these days but from past experience it may look good but within a short time it just falls apart the quality is just not there . But some things are ok like Hikvision CCTV equipment is very good its so good they people make fake it .

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks for the links CH yes I had seen the reviews of the WS-6979 on a few places but thousands of these meters have been sold you only have to look at how many second hand Satlink WS-6906 are for sale same goes for HORIZON HDSM V3 USB meters but one thing is for sure there all lighter than the SatLook hanging round your neck at 5.5 Kg .

But I have yet to come across any second Hand WS-6979 ones things for sure China seems to make 70 % of the meters on the market these days but from past experience it may look good but within a short time it just falls apart the quality is just not there . But some things are ok like Hikvision CCTV equipment is very good its so good they people make fake it .

Meters on the second hand market is no gauge of mass production, but there is also no requirement for the terrestrial inclusion, so why are you promoting this model as better than the DVB-S/S2 only ones ?

There is little reason why Hikvision should be poor quality, the company is state funded and managed.

subman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Hikvision make very good CCTV system this is why people make fake ones , As for the meter I bought the Satlink WS-7009SE so we shall wait and see MB Norsat LNB arrived today so just waiting on the meter now its slow but getting there .

Attachments

• Satlinik WS-7009SE.JPG
    Satlinik WS-7009SE.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 7