What software for GPS for iMate?

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 7025+, Skystar2
My Location
UAE, Dubai
I have iMate PDA2K mobile phone/PDA combination and I live in United Arab Emirates. How can I use the GPS on my mobile?. I know that service is available in UAE and receivers are sold in the market. I also know that if I install a certain software on my PDA I can use the service for free. What do I need to do that? The navigation software, the maps etc?. Where do I get all that?

PS: I am talking about street navigation in the city where the software gives you directions how to reach a certain address.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will first off need a GPS receiver, , not sure what they would cost in your area, but they aren't expensive, then you need a compatible version of something like Tomtom, with your local maps. You'll have to google for where to find the software.

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
But I was talking about using the PDA as a receiver. If I am to buy a separate receiver that is easy. I was asking about the software that make the PDA work like a receiver. How to look for that?? By the way, imate works with Pocket PC system.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have misunderstood, your PDA is not a GPS receiver, it will run GPS software, but as far as I can see from looking at the specs, requires an external GPS receiver, there are several Bluetooth versions available for around £30.

I mentioned the software in my previous answer, Tomtom is probably the market leader.

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
Ok, I have been looking at some blue tooth receivers. Are there certain features to look for? Any particular good brands? all of them will allow changing the maps upon changing the country?

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
I have checked and found that TomTom doesnt cover the middle east. Any other suggestion?