whats satellite scene currently like atm?

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...
hey people long time....hope all is well with with you :)

sooo ermmm been a while since i had a dish etc as a lot has happened in life

is it worth getting back into the satellite scene?

well although i ask that theres flippin big trees just outside my garden so got a feeling will have line of sight issues

was wonder if there any satellite finder websites sites or even free apps that give you like 3d views and let you know if any object like trees etc will be an issue?

do currently have a mini dish up on the house however that was there before i moved so just hooked up the oepnbox i used to use before to in a sense got freesat but not really much to watch on that lool

p.s sorry wasnt sure where to post this...

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
if youre not finding much to watch on freesat, then dont expect much from elsewhere, unless you want feeds etc.
there are free sat finder apps for android and ios, and dishpointer.com is a good starting point to see if you might have alignment issues

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD SE, Dreambox 500S, Skybox F5S, 90cm Solid Dish, Tm2600 Motor, Inverto Black Ultra LNB! :)
My Location
Lost...
if youre not finding much to watch on freesat, then dont expect much from elsewhere, unless you want feeds etc.
there are free sat finder apps for android and ios, and dishpointer.com is a good starting point to see if you might have alignment issues
yea used to enjoy the feeds before tbh

whats the feeds like nowadays compared to before would you say?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello - not seen you round for a long time! Main changes to the satellite scene in recent years -

fewer feeds around especially sports as many are sent via permanent fibre links these days
much tighter shaped beams on many satellites so out of area reception is less likely
frequency re-use between spot beams so if can get one beam you will never get the other one.
encryptions are more or less secure these days - the fun of having multiple encryptions easily opened is long long gone

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oh and many sports feeds are sent via the professional NS2000 (N3 & N4) transmission formats - and there is no way of opening those without specific equipment PLUS it has to be authorised by the broadcaster even if you should be lucky enough to get your hands on a decoder

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
Hello - not seen you round for a long time! Main changes to the satellite scene in recent years -

fewer feeds around especially sports as many are sent via permanent fibre links these days
much tighter shaped beams on many satellites so out of area reception is less likely
frequency re-use between spot beams so if can get one beam you will never get the other one.
encryptions are more or less secure these days - the fun of having multiple encryptions easily opened is long long gone
hey AS, how ya doing mate? yea indeed been a long time

yea feeds was my main thing that i wanted to get back to but i was thinking years ago when i was on the satellite scene the encryption was getting tighter so like you said thought it would mean less fta feeds these days especially for live sports

saj1985

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lost...
Oh and many sports feeds are sent via the professional NS2000 (N3 & N4) transmission formats - and there is no way of opening those without specific equipment PLUS it has to be authorised by the broadcaster even if you should be lucky enough to get your hands on a decoder

yea i think i remember this encryption taking over the biss feeds, had to really remember for a minute there lol!