Whats this about?

smspop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Waiting on install
My Location
Belfast N.Ireland
Dear smspop,

You have received an infraction at Satellite TV support forum & Digital TV support forum..

Reason: Discussing banned subject
-------
Your system says you have a Dreambox 500c

ANY discussion whatsoever of cable issues is strictly forbidden on this forum.

Yes that is true, but why you assume I am disscussing anything to do with cable is beyound me! I also have digital freeview yet you make no assumption about that, I am waiting on My Sat install, the question I asked was not to do with cable and you took it upon yourself to assume it was without asking!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As far as Im concerned you are breaking our rules just by having that 500c listed in your profile - ANYTHING to do with cable is forbidden here

1) You have a 500c

2) You are on a cable isp - I checked your ip. You are asking about sharing summat on the same ip as your provider.

3) QED its a reasonable assumption you are asking about about sharing your cable connection.

If thats wrong you should have made it clear.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I just read the post also, and looking at your profile and the contents of the post, I would have come to the same conclusion. I suggest you remove that receiver from your profile, as it will only bring you trouble here.;)

You don't have a freeview receiver in your profile and discussions on that are of course allowed anyway, so no-one would be able to make assumptions on it, and have no need to.

smspop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Waiting on install
My Location
Belfast N.Ireland
Since that unmentionable CONTENT REMOVED have made an assumption other than the one you made!

I am waiting on an install, yes I have a 500c, though nothing to do with what I asked.

As regards my isp, are you suggesting anyone with a "cable isp" should not be on this fourm?

May I ask the question again, with amendments just to be clear.

Just a quick techy question on the subject of a share setup, if your isp is the same provider as your tv/cardshare ( On a Sat System Setup ), would they be in a position to detect your card details being shared over thier network?

Or would it be wise to have a differn't provider for internet if considering a share.

Thanx.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I'm on non-mentionable ISP too, I hope I don't get banned.:-rofl2

Yes, you can ask that question, but still take that receiver from your profile.

The first para from your post has been removed, as it again breaks the no discussion rule.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
smspop said:
Just a quick techy question on the subject of a share setup, if your isp is the same provider as your tv/cardshare ( On a Sat System Setup ), would they be in a position to detect your card details being shared over thier network?

Thanx.

Whilst theres no evidence that sky (or any other isp) are actively searching for card sharing packets its probably not a good idea.