Which Game / Console / Portal ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
My daughter spotted these earlier today in a charity shop, along with some other Pokemon characters.

Whilst they are marked as Nintendo, Hasbro and so on, there appears to be nothing that identifies them beyond the characters (and only the centre one , Turterra, is recognised).
There is a date stamp of 2007 and they look as though they should be part of a game that includes a portal, but other than that I'm stumped.

Any ideas ?

P1.jpg
P2.jpg
P3.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I seem to recall those from TV adverts, and I think they work like an RFID tag, so they need a receiver platform thing that came with a kit that hooked up to a Nintendo console, but I can't say for sure what it is or was, or if it even still works today...

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks, and yes,it's the platform that is of interest, the name of it isn't on the characters though which is what would nail it.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thank you, no wonder I couldn't find it. $ means it may not be easily available.

Where did you get the main image from ?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Thank you, no wonder I couldn't find it. $ means it may not be easily available.

Where did you get the main image from ?

The image I got from google images, just searched for "hasbro nintendo pokemon" and came up with some collection site:

Code:
http://www.todocoleccion.net/juguetes-antiguos-juegos-coleccion/consola-pokemon-battle-trainer-2005-nintendo-hasbro-7-figuras-chip-pokedex-maquinita-lcd~x47388265

Might be plenty available in the UK, I just didn't get that far into the search... :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Ok, will look tomorrow, thanks again.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Another quick question regarding Wii games, of which we now have a few thanks to the local charity shops.

In one of them there is a 'Shred' game for the Wii for a pound, and in another a 'Shred' board (complete and boxed/unused) for a Sony PS3 under offer

Is there a small chance, in the same way that the Skylander characters and portals can be swopped out, that the PS3 step on unit will work on the Wii with the correct cd ?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Having googled it (never heard of "Shred", turns out it's yet another Tony Hawk skateboarding game), it seems not, the PS3 and Wii versions have different receiver dongles, despite both apparently being the same peripheral, just with a slightly different interface to the console...

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
And I'm not looking at getting the board to play the game (it has really bad reviews) but the motion sensors and other parts inside are of interest, but I would never be forgiven if I took the Wii fit board apart and broke it.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, if it's just for taking to bits, then as long as it's cheap then have at it... :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It was six pounds, but they did say if it doesn't work I can return it for refund.

So - RESULT !

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
So, does it work? :confused

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I'll be getting it this afternoon. Was doing self assessment among other things, feeling somewhat poorer as a result.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Had a quick go this morning after collecting last night.

From first impression, the wireless dongle in the box is not recognised by the Wii. The skate itself has a dedicated button for Sony on its side, I don't have any detail of the Wii version to make comparisons

I'll have a better look over the weekend. I suppose the skate won't work on the PS4 with the PS3 disc either.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'll have a better look over the weekend. I suppose the skate won't work on the PS4 with the PS3 disc either.

Nope, PS3 discs won't work in a PS4, two different platforms (PS3's a PowerPC, PS4's an AMD x64), though the controller dongle would probably work, but without the game, it wouldn't be much use...

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
You mentioned in the other - Sony - thread that some games were forward compatible between PS4 and 3.

Anyhow, playing snowboarding wasn't the reason for getting it.

Shred1.jpg
Shred%202.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
You mentioned in the other - Sony - thread that some games were forward compatible between PS4 and 3.

Nope, back when I said that it was select PS2 games which sony had re-released for playing on a PS4 with an emulator on the PS4 console which you need to pay a subscription to acquire and play, they've done something similar for PS3 games now, but again, you have to pay a monthly sub to get the games, rather than shove in a disc and try to play it, bit of a swizz, but that's the way things are today, from sky's recording tax to this from Sony... :-doh