Which is the best Sci Fi series...Past and Present

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
rolfw said:
Ahhhhh, might have to get that. :)

You could do a lot worse rolf. I have tried several different methods of downloading and found Torrents the best. One doesn't have to take the first offering, and I have found it better to wait a couple of days until the better, more qualified guys start seeding.
You can almost guarantee that I have seen the latest film before it gets even its first screening in the UK.
The Grandkids think I'm the cats whiskers when they visit and I let them watch the latest cartoon/film or whatever. :D
Allan

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Allan, meant the film. :) Already used torrent and have. like you found it one of the best P2P utilities. :)

Which client are you using?

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
I'm using Shadow's Experimental version, it seems to work pretty good for me so why change it? I can throw my computer into a turmoil by just switching on.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Farscape wins hands down for me,especially the War of the Peacekeepers episodes! fantastic!

madpup

Reaction score
Joe 90
use to watch that, ave tea then sent to bed to be up for school in the morning,
god im old

Procode

Reaction score
My Location
North of England
I liked the original "Star Treks" best my friend, but during an 'accident recovery' period, I started watching "Blakes 7", and got hooked - these things happen when you break an arm M8 ..

Special mention of course for a few of the "Space 1999" series, especially the backwards/forwards in time episode, where that guy who advertised houses from a helicopter, rode around in a small kiddy car ..

Procode ..

No offence intended of course for many of those not mentioned, I've enjoyed most of them - "Red Dwarf" especially .. ;)

Wossname

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield HD receiver
fixed 90 cm dish with 4 lnbs
sly dish
My Location
Yorkshire., UK
Firefly, currently enjoying endless repeats on Sci-Fi channel was my fave and is missing from the list.

I was gutted when that announcement came out of the blue "that was the last ever episode of Firefly...." WHY ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have added it Wossname, I think the reason why it wasn't put in the poll, was that it hadn't started when we first put the poll up and of course it didn't last long.

Remember though, even Star Trek was cancelled after the first series. :)

Wossname

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield HD receiver
sly dish
My Location
Yorkshire., UK
rolfw said:
Have added it Wossname, I think the reason why it wasn't put in the poll, was that it hadn't started when we first put the poll up and of course it didn't last long.

Remember though, even Star Trek was cancelled after the first series. :)

thanks for that Rolf... you're very kind.

I, and I alone have voted for it !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I see that it starting a run again on the Sci-Fi channel. :)

Wossname

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield HD receiver
sly dish
My Location
Yorkshire., UK
rolfw said:
I see that it starting a run again on the Sci-Fi channel. :)

Yes, but they go round and round 'til you're sick of the sight of it. Starts again every 13 days or so.

I've been reading the Dreambox idiots guide. I think that's where my future lies ....

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
Wot about 'The Man From Atlantis', Patrick Duffy with webbed hands n feet! At least the whole series wasn't a "Dream"!!!!

Just thought of another 'The Six Million Dollar Man' if it had been on list would have voted for that.

I voted for Logans Run, I was young at the time, thought 30 was a long way off..........:eek: and it aint been on since.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Added them sprog, weren't added originally, because nobody thought of them.

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
Thanks for addding them, looks like no one liked them though as no votes for them yet!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It'll take time Sprog, the poll has been running now for 2 years and still only has just over 300 posts. :)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
with 27% of the votes overall, it looks as though Star Trek, in it various forms is the most popular.

and i would have to agree, when choosing i was stuck trying to decide which ST series i liked most?? i ended up choosing next gen, but it was a close call :)

sligoman

Reaction score
Well I have a few faves but could only vote on one so it had to be Stargate series, including the new stargate atlantis...

Sligoman

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I see with the new series launch, the Stargate vote is starting to creep up. :)

hmtheping

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Barnsley south yorkshire
Stargate Atlantis it wasnt listed but its my favourite now buzzinggggggggg :cool:
kind regards
hmtheping :)