neiffee9211

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
78E
gbox
My Location
Lahore-Pakistan
hi to all
which packages are supported by dm500s? any body know plz guide.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
None. The DM500 is not a Common Access Receiver and therefore does not officially support any viewing cards.
However ofcourse, the internal card reader can be used in conjunction with a softcam to read many popular viewing cards. The compatiblity is down to the software, not the hardware in most cases.

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
B16MCC said:
None. The DM500 is not a Common Access Receiver and therefore does not officially support any viewing cards.
However ofcourse, the internal card reader can be used in conjunction with a softcam to read many popular viewing cards. The compatiblity is down to the software, not the hardware in most cases.

I've been searching for the tutorial you wrote about 'running viewing cards in dreambox' but failed to find it even with the 'search' option! :( Would you be kind enough to provide the link please. I have an original card for the ART package on Nilesat but it doesn't seem to work on my DM500s! Instead of 'showering many threads for the same question'(as many of us do ;) ) , I thought I'd better ask you first!
Thanx