Which patch for Humax 5400

FRAZER

Reaction score
Could someone please confirm for me which is the correct patch to look for on the Humax IRCI 5400 in order to receive Viaccess and Seca channels as well. I've seen from the "read me" files in the relevant hex downloads mention of the 2.4 patch, but also see that some shops on the web are offering different numbers, such as the 3.1, on their receivers. Is it vital which one you buy?

Are the various Gold wafer files for this machine working fully now? It does seem like a good deal if they are, and I am very tempted to get hold of one, but want to be sure to that I know what I'm doing!Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you,

Frazer

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I have the current V3.1 patch running on my Humax 5400 with no problems, i've only just upgraded from the V2.4 patch and to be honest it did not seem to receive any extra channels but some of the new software now coming out requires the current V3.1 patch. I would suggest you buy a silver wafer card to use with your patched Humax then you can make use of the DS9 project software. This will allow you to use one card to receive all the channels, the DS9 software also include s_x view and SCT.

Hope this helps
chris.

FRAZER

Reaction score
Thanks, Chris, for setting me straight about the patches. I guess the silver cards would be more convenient, but I think I'll have to stick to the gold ones for a while, as my programmer is not suitable for the others. Can anyone confirm that the relevant gold wafer files are working as well as the silver on the patched Humax? (I have noticed a few postings having problems with the files using the Freecams).

Thanks again,

Frazer