YouView Box - DTR-T1000, worth saving from the scrapheap ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A donation of kit after I told a customer their Samsung TV had a satellite input (and a Sky dish on their back wall).

So, a Panasonic PVR (complete and with box) plus a BT logo (badged Humax DTR-T1000), no remote having been chewed/buried by their dog and not worth saving.

It powers up here and gives good picture but the startup is slow. Version V7.76 so is there an update for it and is it worth the trouble of getting a remote for a tenner ?
Would it need a subscription to do the catchup, the current community section doesn't even mention the model in their technical assistance.

How do I reset my BT TV box? | BT Help

Thanks in advance.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
No subscription required though as it's an early YouView box some of the services may no longer work. Probably not worth the effort or expense.

Code:
https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-107-0-3-3-164/

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That's a shame. Oh well, another SATA drive for the spares box.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
That's a shame. Oh well, another SATA drive for the spares box.
Speaking of SATA drives did you manage to recover the lost data from that customer’s drive.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I've still not seen them agree to a disclaimer, so not yet.

I've also done some digging and I believe their drive which has been erased is part of an integrated system, from inspection the input pins on the connector are not a standard SATA connection but a SAS drive.

I've got no hardware here (I might have but I've not worked on servers for a decade) and so I would need their whole machine to start checking.

If it is what I think it is (RAID 1) it could be a simple power failure to the second drive which is why there is nothing on it.

(or the drive may have died completely, but data will still be present on the C drive).

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
I've still not seen them agree to a disclaimer, so not yet.

I've also done some digging and I believe their drive which has been erased is part of an integrated system, from inspection the input pins on the connector are not a standard SATA connection but a SAS drive.

I've got no hardware here (I might have but I've not worked on servers for a decade) and so I would need their whole machine to start checking.

If it is what I think it is (RAID 1) it could be a simple power failure to the second drive which is why there is nothing on it.

(or the drive may have died completely, but data will still be present on the C drive).
Without the full picture and the possibility of a RAID setup I’d just walk away. Knowing what Raid level coupled with the possibility of a faulty RAID controller and/or power supply issues it just sounds like an unwanted migraine. If it is in fact a disk drop out/drop in solution data will need to be rebuilt out of the parity information. Time consuming either way.