OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

frankviana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellites/tv
My Location
Brazil
You were sent two drivers to test and never responded.

That was the best time to get your problem fixed!

The correct path is: /lib/modules/4.4.35/extra
Try copying the entire extra folder from OpenSpa image to the image of your choice. Reboot.

After replace this folder "extra", stuck on boot (both images: OpenPli 9 and OpenATV 7.3). Restoring my backups...

Thx.

el bandido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 meter KU band
3.6 meter C band
Enigma2 Receivers
My Location
Atlanta, Ga. USA
No such thing as ATSC drivers in this part of the receiver files.

I think OpenSpa has two executables in the extra folder. You usually lose execute privilege when you transfer a file to the receiver from a home computer. Setting the proper files to execute will allow the receiver to boot unless another error was made.

The SF8008 allows all image slots to be mounted, provided you have a proper storage device connected to the receiver. Briefly, the OpenSpa image was mounted in slot 1, then all the files in the extra folder were transferred to the image in slot 4. Receiver was rebooted in slot 4 and everything worked correctly. Some of the dates and file sizes in the extra folder are different.

Whether or not this fixes your problem remains to be seen, but transferring the OpenSpa extra folder to another receiver does work. It would probably be best to start a thread about this if you want to continue a conversation about it.