16E - has the signal got weaker?

Dishy-girl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Liberty MCCI+ 2500 and Liberty CI9800 Protek 9600 IP
Four fixed dishes on 4 way disecq 13e,19.2e, 28.2e and 30w
My Location
South of England
Gentlemen, I have 90cm mesh dish which has, until a few weeks ago, been picking up 16E OK from SE England (Digit Alb 11.499 H and Pink 11.178V.) The signal was strength and quality were never great (about 45% on each) and rain tended to cause serious probs. A few weeks back the signal quality deteriorated to almost nothing and I assumed the dish had moved slightly. I still have clear line of sight with 16E. However, now I cannot lock onto any of the transponders I did before. Zero quality. I have tried re-aligning the dish to 16E but to no avail. The dish and LNB set up can happily pick up 13E and 19.2E, so the LNB and cabling must be good. I have in fact tried changing the LNB, but this does not improve matters.

I just wondered if there had been any change in the signal from 16E?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Loud and clear here.

Check your wiring - I lost reception of all 16E channels a couple of weeks ago - investigation showed the seal around the lnb connection had failed and the cable was full of water!

A rewire has sorted it out.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
Dishy-girl said:
Gentlemen, I have 90cm mesh dish which has, until a few weeks ago, been picking up 16E OK from SE England (Digit Alb 11.499 H and Pink 11.178V.) The signal was strength and quality were never great (about 45% on each) and rain tended to cause serious probs. A few weeks back the signal quality deteriorated to almost nothing and I assumed the dish had moved slightly. I still have clear line of sight with 16E. However, now I cannot lock onto any of the transponders I did before. Zero quality. I have tried re-aligning the dish to 16E but to no avail. The dish and LNB set up can happily pick up 13E and 19.2E, so the LNB and cabling must be good. I have in fact tried changing the LNB, but this does not improve matters.

I just wondered if there had been any change in the signal from 16E?

Digitalb on 11449 H appears to be the same level as normal for me (83% SQ) but Pink on 11178 V is down quite a bit on normal (54% SQ, usually 75% SQ). All other 16.0E TPs appear to be at their usual quality levels. With a 90cm dish at your location you should be getting all the TPs on the European beam. Are you moving the dish manually or is it motorised ?