4 way splitter not working for stb`s ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
Hi Guys,

I have a TM 1500 Ci Super and Kaon Stb`s, working off of a Triax 95cm dish with Darkman Motor.

I want to add a Freesat that my friend has lent me for a little while so i need to connect 3 stb from my one satelite motorised dish.

Before when i just had the 2 stbs i used a 2 way splitter one cable in 2 out works fine so i though i would go to my local diy store and try and get a 3 way splitter . I could not find one so i bought what i found which was a 4 way splitter. i wired it all up with lead from dish going to IN and then the other 3 stbs on 3 of the 4 outs, to my dismay found that only my tm1500 ci super worked not Kaon and no Freesat. so i had a little tinker with cables and found that if i changed wires round it was only 1 of the outs that worked and that was the bottom left one.

Can anyone help me out with some sort of solution please ????

Cheers
alfa155btcc
:confused:confused:confused:confused

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Replace the LNB with a Quad Output device.

Allocate one of your Receivers as the Dish Positioner.

Splitters are not the answer as they cause LNB switching conflicts between Receivers.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
I have used splitter before with 2 boxes and it worked fine, i have just fitted a new single o.1 lnb surely thereis another way ???

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
here is item i am using

Attachments

• Bbs9sygBGkKGrHqUOKj8Eq5QTqY98BKPKyb.jpg
    Bbs9sygBGkKGrHqUOKj8Eq5QTqY98BKPKyb.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 32

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Throw it in the bin.

If you want it to work properly all the time then you need to wire it all up correctly with a quad lnb - splitters do not work correctly as you have found out.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
is`nt there a easier way dont really want to run 3 lengths of 35 foot just to get freesat box to work ?????

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You have had our advice. Its up to you if you want to follow it or not. :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
alfa155btcc said:
is`nt there a easier way dont really want to run 3 lengths of 35 foot just to get freesat box to work ?????

As already mentioned there is a right way and a wrong way. Each stb sends varying voltages to the lnb depending on the polarity of the selected channel. Either do it right or frustrate yourself trying to change the law of physics

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
I have had a reply from another site and they said it could be that splitter may only have 1 leg what does this mean ????

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
alfa155btcc said:
I have had a reply from another site and they said it could be that splitter may only have 1 leg what does this mean ????

It cannot be done the way you propose splitters cannot be used end of, each stb wants to control it own lnb hence you need a quad output lnb nothing else to discuss, too many cable muppets giving advice on satellite matters these days :cool:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
alfa155btcc said:

Seeing you have posted the picture of your four way splitter that confirms it is an 'all ports powered' type, you should immediately reply to the poster on the other site and advise them to go to spec-savers.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
Channel Hopper said:
Seeing you have posted the picture of your four way splitter that confirms it is an 'all ports powered' type, you should immediately reply to the poster on the other site and advise them to go to spec-savers.

so is there any other way of doing this without having wire up a quad lnb as mentioned above ?????????

A nonymous

Reaction score
No there isn't. Nuff Said.

I'm closing this thread as its going nowhere :-doh!

You have had the advice needed, its upto you what you do with it :D

:-beer

Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.