Not open for further replies.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
Hi Guys!

I can see in this section (Linux Receivers General) quite many posts about Chinese Openboxes.

Just to let you know that they using ali tds2 rtos,a proprietary Os system.... nothing in common with Linux

thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
True, but as they support the Linux OS, for this forum's purposes they reside in this category.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
probably what you mean they support CS ?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
That's not what I stated. You can run Linux on a box without going anywhere near CS.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
hi!
Sorry for my arrogance
then my microwave
can run Linux
as well
as I said earlier Chinese openboxes are running ali tds2 rtos,it is a proprietary Os system .... it has absolutelly nothing in common with LINUX

if you say it can run a Linux can you please support your claim by biving Linux firmware for Openbox

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
hi!
Sorry for my arrogance
then my microwave as well
as I said earlier Chinese openboxes are running ali tds2 rtos,it is a proprietary Os system .... it has absolutelly nothing in common with LINUX

if you say it can run a Linux can you please support your claim by biving Linux firmware for Openbox

A quick google brings up this shite
Code:
http://***************.com/openbox-firmware/

As the site name suggests they`re into Linux sat boxes and they have a Openbox firmware section so without looking I`d hazard a guess at the Openbox taking a Linux flavour firmware, it might not be enigma based like the Dreamboxes but it certainly looks like there is Linux for the OB

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
A quick google brings up a shit site
Code:

As the site name suggests they`re into Linux sat boxes and they have a Openbox firmware section so without looking I`d hazard a guess at the Openbox taking a Linux flavour firmware, it might not be enigma based like the Dreamboxes but it certainly looks like there is Linux for the OB

and where is proof of Linux ? :)

well I will repeat it last time they running ali tds2 rtos..... but you can call it any name :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hi!
Sorry for my arrogance
then my microwave as well

Openbox S10 - Ali3601 - Linux OS.

some888

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook mutant 200s
My Location
england
Openbox S10 - Ali3601 - Linux OS.

it is a good idea to study a bit ali cpu before copy pasting nonsense

a bit funny to see how Chinese seller just for marketing purpose call it Linux based and all the rest repeat it like a parrots

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK

A nonymous

Reaction score
This thread is going nowhere, who cares what software it runs. The box does what its sold for and thats all anybody cares about.

The software that the open box uses whether or not its Linux isn't Enigma and it isn't Neutrino, its closed source making it pretty much useless for anything else than the stuff the manufacturers want you to use it for.

Now since its a pointless thread which is going to end up with people getting banned, i'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.