Active tivusat smartcard

damaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, dual LNB with technomate 1500CI receiver
My Location
uk
I would like to sell my smarcam tivusat with active smartcard on eb@y because I have just bought a new humax 5600S.
My question is this. If I sell my smarcam tivusat with active smartcard, can the person who buys it find out my personnel details like my name, my address and my fiscal code? Or is it impossible to find out this information from the unique smartcard number?
Thanks.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Before you bung it on eBay, you might consider selling it here.

Several UK Members (myself included) have expressed an interest, but been baulked by UK Reseller Trade Pricing.

As regards your question, I very much doubt it. Not heard of any such access to personal info.

And don't forget, a lot of the Tivù cards in use in the UK are by folk who don't have their own Codice Fiscale, but have relied upon an intermediary. Neither those folk not the intermediaries seem to be troubled by unwanted interest from third parties/authorities.

damaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, dual LNB with technomate 1500CI receiver
My Location
uk
Yes I am quite willing to sell it on this forum - at least I would not have the over inflated ebay fees to pay. What I am concerned about is the fact that each smartcard has its own unique code number and my details are attached to it. In principle someone could ring up tivusat and retrieve my data which then they could use in a fraudulent way. How can I advertise the smarcam on the forum?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
damaan said:
What I am concerned about is the fact that each smartcard has its own unique code number and my details are attached to it. In principle someone could ring up tivusat and retrieve my data which then they could use in a fraudulent way.
Italy is no different to the UK and is therefore governed by the data protection act and the company are not able to divulge retained information records....even the police would require a court order to get them, therefore do not worry