Are they allowed 12 players?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not being a Man U' fan, (in fact not really supporting any team) but always supporting the UK teams in the European competitions, am I alone in thinking that for a change, Man U' were the victims of a run of bad decisions tonight?

Isn't it about time they had another official, but off the pitch and with the use of video replay? I know everybody says that it'll slow the game down, but I'm not convinced.

The goal that was disallowed could have been almost instantly allowed, one or two of the dives could have been instantly spotted, just think that it would benefit the game in the long term.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Video replay and electronic alarms for line faults in tennis, so why not?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It'll happen, they'll get dragged into it kicking and screaming, but it'll happen.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I have always said there should be a second referee off pitch watching the monitors...but then that would be too easy and inexpensive to opperate!.....which makes me believe that clubs want the added bonus of their opponents falling to bad luck, as I was once with a Ryman premier club I know full well that clubs personally know referee's and their blindspots, breifing their players on what liberty's they can take and get away with! e.g. I think it was the Scarborough/Chelsea cup game, that ref I know of well and is famous for being a blind plonker.....had the correct decision been made then Scarborough would have been awarded a penalty!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Who could forget the Primadonna 'hand of God' incident

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I also believe that it would help to prevent a lot of the sneaky off the ball incidents, as at the next convenient stop in the play, or immediately if the incident was bad enough, the player could be cautioned or carded.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I know they have the 'third eye' in rugby and it works well. But the referees seem to keep up with the game very much better than in soccer and the rugby rules are more tricky. Soccer needs better officials and perhaps a 'third eye' for incidents which could lead to a score. But for niggles and other stuff......the match could go on for too long. Anyway what would supporters argue about?

russquk

Reaction score
supporting a third division team as i do,you should see some of the jokers we get,remember these are the cast offs!!!!! like booking a white player when a black player made the tackle must be the best one so far this season.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well the ref might have thought he could have been disciplined for racial abuse had he booked the black player!......and dont some refs love waving a yellow card....and I'm sure they get off on a red :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
waverider said:
and I'm sure they get off on a red :D
I used to but married a brunette in the end. ;)

frozenpizza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't think we should allow the ref to see the video replay, and base his decision on that.
This is the charm of the game.
Sometimes you get robbed. Sometimes you rob the opposition. And sometimes it's the ref's fault.
I was not the happiest man on planet earth on Saturday, when Newcastle won 3-1 against my team, Charlton Athletic.
That little pr*ck Laurent Robert dived, and got a penalty for that.
But that's football!
Please don't change it, so it begins to look like American Football.
Come on you Addicks!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Frozenpizza, I don't agree, it doesn't have to be like american football, that is the old argument and really doesn't cut any ice. There is no "charm" in my eyes in a player getting away with an atrocious professional foul because the referee is unsighted, or likewise a game altering dive which isn't spotted properly.

Unspotted fouls and dives cause retaliation and can cause the game to descend into violence, so surely far better to nip it in the bud.

Perhaps the game might actually flow better if they new that they couldn't get away with these cynical incidents.

frozenpizza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I still think that they should be fined AFTER the game, if they dive.
Or maybe give them, let's say, 5 match days ban.
As we know, the FA can give a player a ban, after a match, if they can spot for example a player elbowing another player.
But while the game is on...let the ref do his job, and try to do it to perfection. At the end of the day...what should we use a ref for, if we have a video ref.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't totally disagree, there are some things which could wait until after the match, but things that should have been seen, but perhaps weren't should be acted on immediately.