Cannot play recorded movies - video slows machine

JohnFish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
London
I recorded a movie and a set of .ts files were produced. But the problem is that i cant view it because the machine becomes almost unresponsive and the video shows in like a couple of frames a second.

Am i doing anything wrong?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Bit difficult for anyone to respond unless you give more information about what setup you are using to play back, hardware to TV or PC and using which software cabling etc.

JohnFish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
London
Topper said:
Bit difficult for anyone to respond unless you give more information about what setup you are using to play back, hardware to TV or PC and using which software cabling etc.

Cabling is to a wired NAS. there is no bottleneck there i would say because i can access the same files from my laptop wirelessly with no problems. Dreambox is 500S with enigma 4.2. The NAS exposes the files through smbfs and I have mounted it in dreambox. The recording part is fine - if i access the files from elsewhere they show up fine. The files it produces are .ts.

so when i select the file from the explorer in file mode dreambox seems almost unable to play the file. sometimes it needs to be restarted too

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are the programs encrypted that you're recording?

Can you play the .ts file from the NAS on a computer without glitches?

How much space is left in /var?

blue panel > addons > setup from memory.