CCTV advice what to install etc,

A

Archive-8

Certainly does :), its a shame you don't have a spare unit, you could use the lens without ir-cut filter for viewing the mice at night that will no doubt be looking for a meal under the bird table.
Or the odd hedgehog:-)

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I now have two spare lenses,3.6mm 6mm.I am looking for another camera.One on the bird table,one to see what is roaming around the garden at night.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Or the odd hedgehog:)

Yes, I am going to have to have a word with my surrounding neighbours and see if I can make some holes in the gravel boards, its impossible for any to get in now :(,

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I have two spare satellite motors, when I get the time I am going to set them both up with cameras on them, I noticed a gadget for moving the motor the other week, it will save using a stb :), I just need to locate the gadget again now :-lol

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I am presuming it needs power from a stb ?, I am wondering if the lnb out on a stb will power it ?, no hard ship if not I have about four stb sat doing nothing :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I've been thinking about getting a camera put up for the garden over the past week or so, aswell as swapping the front yard camera for a wireless one, so have been looking on DealExtreme at their various offerings and came across these three...

Code:
http://www.dx.com/p/349768 - Back garden camera (Sricam)

http://www.dx.com/p/385593 or http://www.dx.com/p/385526 - Front yard cameras

The present front yard camera is an amazingly good quality camera for the price (and country of origin!!), but, it's a pain in the bum having it wired and having to have a separate router acting as a wireless bridge and adding a lot of traffic to the wifi network, when I could split the system into two separate networks, one network camera-only (with the NVR connected) and the main network just for internetting...

But anyway, them's the cameras I'm thinking of, the yard cam options I'm unsure of, as the white one has a bigger array of IR LEDs, but lacks a decent sun visor, but the black one has a smaller array of IR LEDs but a better sun visor, especially considering the camera is facing south-westish so receives a lot of sun during the day, don't know what the winter sun will be like being lower in the sky though as I've not had my present camera that long...

The Sricam for the back though should be fine, north-facing wall, the only sun it'd get is late evening and early morning in the summer months, but I mainly want that camera for watching the garden wildlife (and my shed if I decide to move it out there), my only real concern is that mount, those things look flimsy as heck...

pudapop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
c/m dish, snf-031 lnb, TM-5402 HD M2 C1 super receiver
My Location
N I
I've been thinking about getting a camera put up for the garden over the past week or so, aswell as swapping the front yard camera for a wireless one, so have been looking on DealExtreme at their various offerings and came across these three...

Code:
http://www.dx.com/p/349768 - Back garden camera (Sricam)

http://www.dx.com/p/385593 or http://www.dx.com/p/385526 - Front yard cameras

The present front yard camera is an amazingly good quality camera for the price (and country of origin!!), but, it's a pain in the bum having it wired and having to have a separate router acting as a wireless bridge and adding a lot of traffic to the wifi network, when I could split the system into two separate networks, one network camera-only (with the NVR connected) and the main network just for internetting...

But anyway, them's the cameras I'm thinking of, the yard cam options I'm unsure of, as the white one has a bigger array of IR LEDs, but lacks a decent sun visor, but the black one has a smaller array of IR LEDs but a better sun visor, especially considering the camera is facing south-westish so receives a lot of sun during the day, don't know what the winter sun will be like being lower in the sky though as I've not had my present camera that long...

The Sricam for the back though should be fine, north-facing wall, the only sun it'd get is late evening and early morning in the summer months, but I mainly want that camera for watching the garden wildlife (and my shed if I decide to move it out there), my only real concern is that mount, those things look flimsy as heck...

Hi everyone what Apps are available to allow me view my security cameras when not close to home on my iPhone.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Hi everyone what Apps are available to allow me view my security cameras when not close to home on my iPhone.

Not sure about iphone specifically (I'm a 'droid user), but there's so many free and paid apps out there that it's hard to say which is best, I have TinyCam monitor (Free) on my trio of 'droids for viewing my camera while on my wifi (closed to the outside world), though for viewing your cameras remotely you'd need to open up a port on your router to allow the camera to be accessed outside of your home network, or set up a dynamic DNS account if the camera or router supports it to access your camera(s) via a standard web address... :)

A

Archive-8

I use IPcam viewer it's on iPhone, iPad & android but mine is the paid for version £0.69.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ended up buying that Sricam AP009 from DX, just have to wait half a month for it to get here, could probably walk there and back faster than they could deliver it... :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Finally received my Sricam today (not too bad a delivery time!!), but I have not got a clue how to find the thing on my network, there's no default IP address, the P"P string doesn't seem to work, I haven't the foggiest how I'm meant to connect to it to set it up... :confused

And the manual's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, says I need to connect to it to set it up, but doesn't say HOW to connect to it!! I think the chinese need to RTFM when it comes to writing the bloody things in the first place......

A

Archive-8

I know foscam/tenvis cameras have a program you install on the PC then you're able to set it up.

Or check the dhcp table in the middle modem/router to see if you can spot it.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Managed to connect to it via my Galaxy S3 (through their own (seemingly lackluster) app), but still can't see an IP for it...

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I don't know If it is the same as mine.With mine it was a matter of connecting to the computer with a lan cable for the initial setup and using 'P2P Finder' off the disc.Clicking on the spanners to finish setup..

Attachments

• IPCam1.jpg
    IPCam1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IPCam2.jpg
    IPCam2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IPCam3.jpg
    IPCam3.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IPCam4.jpg
    IPCam4.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
With mine it was a matter of connecting to the computer with a lan cable for the initial setup and using 'P2P Finder' off the disc.

Problem there though is the flippin' disc doesn't work cos it's been squished...:-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Can't you download the program from the website?

I ended up finding them on GoogleDrive, so have the tools to find it, and have set it to a static IP address, just waiting for it to decide what it's doing at the moment...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, seems I now have access to it's settings (didn't realise it also needed a blummin' port number on the end of the IP address!!!), so I shall play with those 'til I get it figured out...