Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR
Panasonic Viera TX-32LZD85
Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES10
My Location
Wirral U.K.
Hi.
Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this question but I've tried to find somewhere more appropriate for some time without success. Panasonic and Humax Support have been "less than helpful", perhaps because my question is so simple.
I want to get the best out of my new Humax HDR and need help with connections with the other AV components.
I've presently used the HDMI cable from the Humax to the Panasonic Viera TX-32LZD85. (HD broadcasts are stunning!) I use the Humax remote to control both.
I also have a Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES10 which I would like to integrate into the system. Currently I've just used a scart cable to connect it with the TV but wonder if there is a better way.
Thank you, I guess you realise I'm a bit of a novice.
Pete R.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi, if the DVD & TV support it then Component video would be the next step up.

A Component Video Connection is a video connection in which the separate color and B/W elements of the signal are transfered via separate cables from a source, such as a DVD player, to a video display device, such as a Television or Video Projector. This connection is represented by three RCA cables -- that have Red, Green, and Blue connection tips. There are two types of component video connections in use for consumers: Y,Pb,Pr - Progressive Scan component video input/output connection, and Y,Cb,Cr - Interlaced scan only component video input/output connection. Above text taken from hometheater.about.com

SM

Pete R

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR
Panasonic Viera TX-32LZD85
Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-ES10
My Location
Wirral U.K.
Thanks for your advice and time Satelliteman. I have seen the connections on the back of the TV and the DVD recorder. I'll get a set of connecting cables.
What connections should I make if I want to record to the DVD recorder from either the TV or the Humax HDR?
Once again thanks for your time, I'm most grateful.
Pete.