CubeCafe - Help Please!

alafar85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a CubeCafe reciever..
My Location
Amman/Jordan
I just boght a cubecafe reciever and it works perfectly and everything is great, but when I bought it, I was told me that there is something I can do in the settings that would allow me to watch more channels on Hotbird (Sky channels and HBO ... etc) .. From what I have understood that I need to activate the "GBox" ... The reciever is connected to a router..

How can I do that?

I'm still new for a linux based stb, and I dont know much about it, so if theres anything needed to be known inorder to do the settings, i'll look for it..

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its not as simple as that :-rofl2

GBox is a cam that allows card sharing across broadband connections. You need to be a member of a card share ring before it will work, and configure gbox for the c/s ring. Instructions will be provided as to how to do it by the ring you join.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The other possibility is that its one of the receivers hard wired for a card share server. Many of these servers have got shut down in recent weeks due to action by the pay tv servies who were losing revenue.

You need to contact the seller of your receiver to find out which it is.

alafar85

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a CubeCafe reciever..
My Location
Amman/Jordan
Thank you so much Analoguesat for your help. I thought it was a simple setting...
As far asI know, I'm registered to a server (dont know which one), and the Gbox is installed already...

Anyways... one last question... do you know what channels exactly will be opened after I set the gbox? Is it worth setting?

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
I want to clarify an itty bitty thing that can make all the difference to new cardsharing users. You can have very good peers for free and get all sorts of channels to open. It has it's drawbacks, but you really do not have to pay for cardsharing. I my my opinion you shouldn't, no one should.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
alafar85 said:
Anyways... one last question... do you know what channels exactly will be opened after I set the gbox? Is it worth setting?

That depends on the cards the server has available and the level of their subscription! No-one can tell you that info without being part of the same server network.

Remember though - cardsharing is illegal so dont come complaining if you get busted......