Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD+
Moteck GS2100 Motor
60cm Dish single LNB
Sony Bravia Hi Def TV
My Location
Nottinghamshire
:confused Hi all, hope someone can help please my hair is getting thinner and thinner. I have been trying to update my plus with firmware av128fs (July17, 2010) via the USB port. My loader is v150.
When I try to upgrade after switch on I get the following: First 'Loader v150' appears, then file at which point I press OK on the box, not the remote. Then the file name appears 'av128fs' at which point I press OK again then I get the message DATA ERROR. After this the box boots as normal with the usual star screen and then the picture of the clock which annoyingly always appears from a switch on. My usb stick is formatted with FAT32 and as the files are recognisedby the loader I assume they are correct. I have downloaded the file several times to check that it is not corrupt and have even tried downloading the loader and the previous version 126fs but the result is always the same.

Does anybody have any ideas please

Thanks in anticipation

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England

Arristabryan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD+
Moteck GS2100 Motor
60cm Dish single LNB
Sony Bravia Hi Def TV
My Location
Nottinghamshire
Why has my post been deleted tjl?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
tjl deleted his own post as he realized you had already tried the options he suggested.

Arristabryan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD+
Moteck GS2100 Motor
60cm Dish single LNB
Sony Bravia Hi Def TV
My Location
Nottinghamshire
Firstly, an apology to tjl for my lack of Forum protocol knowledge and my thanks to Mickha for putting me straight.

I have found the solution to my problem but not entirely sure it will work for similar problems relating to USB. I have tried all sortsof usb flash drives and even a 500Gb HDD but all to noavail. Then I came across a brand new 4Gb USB stick in our 'drawer that all things go into' drawer. Better still it was a genuine Kingston, which I can only assume my dear wife brought as I would not normally lash out on such expensive gear. Well surprise surprise it worked first time. I have also tried pressing the record button on the remote and that to is working well.

Now the question is "Is it because it was a brand new unused memory stick or is it because the rigid specification of Kingston is what Fortec used in writing the code for the USB interface? Perhaps one day we may get an answer from the Knights in Sheffield.

Regards

Arristabryan :)

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
Arristabryan said:
Firstly, an apology to tjl for my lack of Forum protocol knowledge and my thanks to Mickha for putting me straight.

I have found the solution to my problem but not entirely sure it will work for similar problems relating to USB. I have tried all sortsof usb flash drives and even a 500Gb HDD but all to noavail. Then I came across a brand new 4Gb USB stick in our 'drawer that all things go into' drawer. Better still it was a genuine Kingston, which I can only assume my dear wife brought as I would not normally lash out on such expensive gear. Well surprise surprise it worked first time. I have also tried pressing the record button on the remote and that to is working well.

Now the question is "Is it because it was a brand new unused memory stick or is it because the rigid specification of Kingston is what Fortec used in writing the code for the USB interface? Perhaps one day we may get an answer from the Knights in Sheffield.

Regards

Arristabryan :)

First off No need to apologize,secondly re Usb sticks I found that a give away stick from my local bank worked where a more expensive one didn't on a Kodak picture frame,