Digitalb/Technomate/Conax Query

Bob the Boss

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just a quick question as a newbie to doing all of this stuff myself. Basically, I've bought a 1 metre dish and Titanium 0.2 LNB and have it set it up in the garden on a ground stand. I've been playing with a meter and seem to have successfully found Eutelsat W2 16.0E. I've found quite a few Technomate "patched Conax ready" receivers on Ebay. If I buy one of these, will I be able to just plug and play the Digitalb card into one of these patched receivers without any further patching, or will it keep requiring further updates every so often purely to keep the Digitalb card working properly? Any advice would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks,
John

:confused

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
My understanding is that the patch does not interfere with the standard conax operation and the Digitalb card will work without keeping the patch updated. But I am only working from memory of the posts I have read here as I have never used or owned one, I am sure someone will confirm soon

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Quite right the patched multicam will take all official cards including conax. Any updated patches won't alter that.