DM800HD clone vs QboxHD mini for a multi lnb setup - is there a difference?

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Hi Guys

T90 setup with up to 16lnbs

Loads of help and advice on setting up but the receiver issue is not sorted yet.

Most of the guys suggesting a DM800HD clone as it has enigma on it.

Still reading up on that, but they say that this is best for multi lnb setup and easier to use.

The vu is a bit pricey for me

It boils down to the DM and I found the Qboxmini as a 'par' 2nd option (unless you know of another)

I know there is threads for each box, but wanted to ask from your experiences which does more?

I dont think I need dvb-t extra (unless they come as standard)- I think that for Tv aerials

Just need the one for the Sat wire coming from the 16/1 switch/dish

Hope you can help

cheers vik

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
please dont buy a qbox mini.

if i have to write up the pros and cons ( 800 vs dm800 ) i will.

to me, reading the other thread about the t90, the dm800 is not for you.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
paxrax said:
please dont buy a qbox mini.

if i have to write up the pros and cons ( 800 vs dm800 ) i will.
Reading the other thread about the t90, the dm800 is not for you.

Cheers old boy

I am having a right nightmare about the right box with a budget of about 150 maybe a little more.

So far I started with the techno - Technomate TM5402 HD Super + With LAN

and then got some input that might be better with the enigma as it more suited for T90 with 16lnbs (better for switch and pick up sat and commands etc etc)

Not looked at the linux boxes before until then. Had a few people saying dm800hd clone is the way forward.

I looked at comparing the two to see what is the main difference.

This lead me to here

help

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Listen mate the Technomate in question supports diseqc 1.1 & will handle switching between upto 16 LNB's no probs, I have a Technomate 6800HD+ & it supports it, I also run a multi LNB setup myself.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Ghostleader said:
Listen mate the Technomate in question supports diseqc 1.1 & will handle switching between upto 16 LNB's no probs, I have a Technomate 6800HD+ & it supports it, I also run a multi LNB setup myself.

Thanks GL
so the techno should still do the job with a multi setup up to 16 lnbs
then why are the linux said to be better with this enigma

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ghostleader said:
supports diseqc 1.1 & will handle switching between upto 16 LNB's
Does it support DiSEqC repeats and command order?

godzillafan said:
why are the linux said to be better with this enigma
Maybe we are all biased because we (the 4 people in that thread with a T90) all have either a VU+ or a Dreambox controlling the switching. I've got other boxes that do DiSEqC 1.1 switching on 16 inputs but they don't support DiSEqC repeats. Repeats are essential if you want to use quality uncommitted switches like the Spaun SUR420 in cascade.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Huevos said:
Does it support DiSEqC repeats and command order?

Forgive me mate, but I thought that any receiver that supported diseqc 1.1 supported the switching between 16 LNB's on say a EMP-Centauri switch, I had a look earlier in my on receivers menu system, choosing 1.1 let me then go through the setup of 16 ports? So am I missing somthing buddy?

P.S. I know you have a T90 with 20 LNB's, That's quality mate!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ghostleader said:
Forgive me mate, but I thought that any receiver that supported diseqc 1.1 supported the switching between 16 LNB's on say a EMP-Centauri switch, I had a look earlier in my on receivers menu system, choosing 1.1 let me then go through the setup of 16 ports? So am I missing somthing buddy?
It all depends what switches you want to use. It will work with the EMP switch, but not the Spaun switches in cascade if it doesn't support repeats.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
So if your happy with 16 LNB's max, your cool with just a EMP 16 way switch or the like, I have a 10 way switch on order because I have reached my ERP arc limit of 5W to 28E, I'd love more but the wife would do me in!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ghostleader said:
So if your happy with 16 LNB's max, your cool with just a EMP 16 way switch
You could run the EMP and control up to 64 LNBs (in conjunction with committed switches), it's just not my choice of switch.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
I don't think I will ever get to 64, my wife will kick me out me out.

16 should be fine for me with a 16/1 emp.

So back to original question, since this is the correct place for it. Is Linux the way forward and out if the two mentioned above, which is better suited.

Basically trying to make sure the funds are spent in a box that will make it easy to tune the 16 lnb and store them.

I guess they will cone with the channel guides etc.

Not even going to ask about the firm or card uses - just a good us box that will make sat use easy and I will need to get the wee man trained on it, so he can turn on his cartoons.

Cheers guys once again