Dvi to Hdmi

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Ive decided Im gonna take the plunge an get myself an 800. Can someone tell me if Dreams Dvi socket carries Audio or will I need to use the boxes Scart socket and spilit it to the Audio in on my Tv.
I will use the digital optiical to my AV amp but wont be using it all the time, so will the Dvi to Hdmi cable supplied with the receiver give me sound on my tv.
Anyone wanna recommend which of the site sponsors to purchase from. Though as prices are pretty universal it will probably be the one with lowest p&P to Belfast that gets the gig. Thanks, Tom

P3t3r_2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox with router and pc
My Location
Nigeria
Hello

Yes the Dvi socket carries Audio no problem at all.
When I bought mine people told me that there was a fault in the sound and that you cannot hear anything from the dm800, when I setup the dreambox for the first time (dvi tv option) i had no sound, so I simply selected scart output and then back to dvi and the problem was solved!

Something else which is interesting that I found out playing with the settings is if you have the settings to dvi and you connect a scart plug in the back of the unit you can watch the stations on two tvs (dvi and scart) at same time. which is great if you split the signal on an transmitter & receiver.

P.S You making a good choice going with the dm800

Cheers

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Just an update. I have managed to pick up a 1 day old Dreambox 800 for £325 including Special Delivery to Belfast. Should be with me on Tuesday. Can hardly wait(I remember again what it felt like on Xmas Eve)lol. Hope I havent bitten off more than I can chew, as Im still pretty new to the scene but I have pretty much got my Enigma 1 boxes doing what I want and Im sure I can stumble my way through Enigma 2. I suppose the basics will be the same. Feeling Good, the Wife might even be able to drag me away from the laptop for a bit of Humping but only if she asks nicely. LOL

Rage9

Next Level L1nux
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDTV
Sky UK HD / Italy HD
My Location
UK
Thanks for buying m8, lol :)