Fortecstar 5600 II - problem in the UHF line?

nopfusch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sAT.: EechostarDVB 1000Ci2 (no 7 tears old and faulty), one Analogue receiver threshold -3dB, even older but still in good working order, 3.6m mesh dish with positioner, California feedhorn with mech. polarizer and C- and Ku- Band LNBs.
PC1 P4 2.2GH
My Location
South Africa, Johbg., 26.2S, 28.1 E
A friend of mine bought a Fortecstar 5600II in August 2007.
He had up to then 3 SAT-receivers, now 4. All Sat receivers are digital and connected together at the UHF output with 2 VCR's outputs. I set him these VCR's and SAT-receivers up, as he had before problems of not having enough space between the output channels and some local terrestrial channels in that frequency band.
The setup for the PAL-I-UHF 21-68 channels is from 21 upwards and having always 2 "empty" channels in between, e.g. 21 for SAT-receiver1,
nothing on 22 & 23, then 24 for SAT-receiver2 and so on. Also 3 terrestrial VHF-H (channels 6,9 & 13) are connected to this line.
Two of the SAT receivers are Multichoice receivers (for South Africa), and one Manhattan ST550.
The UHF line is a good RG6 cable. To that are 3 TV's and a Hauppauge PC-TV card connected. The reception on these TV's and PC is good, no shadows, no moiree's, all is fine. Until I connected the Fortecstar as an additional source into that line.
The TV(s) watching the program of the Fortecstar develop zebra patterns, horizontal stripes, approx. 10 dark and 10 light strips.
The Fortecstar feeding alone one or two TV's, is without any of these stripes.
The problem seems to be either around the UHF modulator of the internal powersupply of that receiver, as I can influence with additional capacitors on the 36VDC line the stripes.
Anyone having more information please?
Or where can I obtain a circuit diagram or better - service book?
Happy Christmas !
nopfusch.