Kingston

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD
Panasonic full HD 42" Plasma TV Panasonic Bluray player
My Location
France & U.K.
Hi,
I am really getting obsessed with the fact that my Humax Foxsat HD refuses to HDMI auto switch with a Panasonic TH-42PZ800E.
A Panasonic dealer (over the phone) connected a foxsat HD stb to an identical TV and assured me that it did auto switch.
He told me to carry out a self check and to reset all TV software on my TV and then carry out HDMI device registration.
It did not work and I am still having to select the input manually.
There seems to be some conflicting results on this amongst forum members.
Can anyone put me out of my misery by confirming it is just a question of waiting for some suitable upgrade from Humax to come via satellite?

Thanks in advance,
kingston.

barney100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+ with fortec 65cm
My Location
surrey near guildford
I have a 42 in panasonic viera and this will only auto to hdmi1 it refuses to auto switch to hdmi2 so i had to swap ps3 to hdmi2 and tv input to hdmi 1 that resovled part but still disappointed that it will not auto switch to hdmi2

G

I'm afraid to say that Humax insist it meets the required spec. and that failures to switch correctly are down to non-compliant TVs.

My own Foxsat virtually always declines to communicate properly by HDMI with my Bedroom TV at the first time of asking (though it occasionally surprises me and does!), but always works if I swap back to the previous mode and back again.

Its vaguely tiresome, but not a huge issue.

We watch SD via Scart anyway and the amount of worthwhile FTA HD is still quite small.

But I don't think you'll find Humax will be able to resolve issues with non-compliant TVs simply by amending their own Firmware.

Kingston

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD
Panasonic full HD 42" Plasma TV Panasonic Bluray player
My Location
France & U.K.
Interesting what you said. How can I swap the inputs? My foxsat won't auto on any of the 3 rear HDMI inputs. Blu-ray player autos fine on HDMI 1 & 2 (VIERRA link on)