have fitted motorized but something not right

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
I recently fitted an 85 cm dish with Alsat Motor to my Topfield TF5000Ci receiver, i used a thread posted by longstockings, sticky, and found it of great help but with diseqc 1.2 setting i go to search for another satelite and it does not find it, i can only get hotbird 13, astra 19.2 & eutelsat W2 16 but have literally have to tune in manually, i go to tune another satelite and it just keeps going east until it hits side of garage.

I have vertical pole that is 100% and dish is facing south 100% but can not tune in 1W i am living in Bucks High Wycombe, please please can someone help me ????

Saluti
alfa155btcc
:confused:confused)(-red:confused:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
How did you determine due South if you can't find Thor?

Are you using USALs?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
if you are using diseqc 1.2 then you need to move the dish abit at a time till you find a good signal then scan to see what satellite it is then fine tune the signal and save

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
alfa155btcc said:
.......it just keeps going east until it hits side of garage.

I'd get your stops sorted out as well, you don't want to damage your dish / motor.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
How did you determine due South if you can't find Thor?

Are you using USALs?

i am using disecq 1.2, i thought it said dish must be facing south which is why i used a conmpass when fitting dish to motor on vertical pole, so should i loosen bolts that hold motor to pole and turn until i find 1W, ( ie my receiver have it on 1w and wait to see signal quality) ?????

Saluti
alfa155btcc

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, read my tutorial on the Moteck DiseqC motor, the procedure is the same whichever motor you use. Make sure that the motor is set to zero when you do it.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
also with this drizzle i have very broken up picture on eutelsay W2

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
Yes, read my tutorial on the Moteck DiseqC motor, the procedure is the same whichever motor you use. Make sure that the motor is set to zero when you do it.

also one other thing, my motor is built in with 26 satellite positions but not eutelsat W2 16E should i reset motor before going to 1w ? and just to make sure my dish came with 3 different set up settings as in attached photo i went for B is this correct ?

Thankyou again
alfa155btcc
:confused

Attachments

• scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 93

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:

am just in the process of reading your thread before i do anything else, can just ask a couple of things should i use usuals or diseqc 1.2 t find satelites, and today on eutelsat W2 16 east was raining and ppicture kept breaking up surely 85 cms dish is enough is`nt it ??

Thankyou again my friend, your views are very much needed and respected and appreciated

Saluti
alfa155btcc
:-doh2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Use whichever system works best for you, Usals is initially easier to set up the satellites once you have aligned the dish properly, but no easier or better after they have been set up.

Some Channels are not very strong on 16E, despite what the footprint would indicate, DigitalB in particular, but a well aligned 85cm should just about be OK from your location.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
Use whichever system works best for you, Usals is initially easier to set up the satellites once you have aligned the dish properly, but no easier or better after they have been set up.

Some Channels are not very strong on 16E, despite what the footprint would indicate, DigitalB in particular, but a well aligned 85cm should just about be OK from your location.

Have just fitted system as you advised got the whole lot to point 1W or to be more accurate 0.8W, using usuals and all seems to be going well, just a couple of things went to tune in astra 28,2 and found all channels but then noticed that dish was slightly twisted to clockwise position ??? and secondly cannot seem to find any satellites that are west, what should i be able to get ??

Many Thanks
alfa155btcc
:-worship

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The whole dish is tilted by the motor when moving to the East or West, this is to match the orientation of the satellite, which will be tilted in relation to a satellite at due South, hence why you don't need a separate polariser for a DiseqC motor.

There aren't many satellites worth getting to the West, but you should get 5W, 12.5W, 15W and 30W, providing there is nothing impeding line of sight.

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
Hello Again,

So what your saying is its ok for it to do that there is nothing to worry about ?

Will try and find other positions will let you know how i get on

Thanks Again
alfa155btcc
:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, nothing to worry about, it does it by design. :)

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
Yes, nothing to worry about, it does it by design. :)

Thanks Again rolfw,

this evening tried to locate some west satellites and i`m afraid could only get 30 W, is there any reason for this m8 ?

Regards
alfa155btcc
:-worship

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well 30W is the main one for Digital+ and TV Cabo, so try the other ones later. :)

What I do is start at 1West, then move a degree at a time until I hit 5W (Good strong signal) and save it, then go for 8 West, also very strong and save it, then 12.5W not many good frequencies, but 11387 H is good, then 15W.

If you do it very slowly and make sure that you are looking for a valid and strong transponder, you will succeed. :)

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
thanks again mate

Much appreciated

Saluti
:):):)

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bucks
rolfw said:
Well 30W is the main one for Digital+ and TV Cabo, so try the other ones later. :)

What I do is start at 1West, then move a degree at a time until I hit 5W (Good strong signal) and save it, then go for 8 West, also very strong and save it, then 12.5W not many good frequencies, but 11387 H is good, then 15W.

If you do it very slowly and make sure that you are looking for a valid and strong transponder, you will succeed. :)

Hello Again M8,

I did what you said and found that if i tried slight different frequncies with usuals then i found soem channels,although still have trouble with 8W and 15W, do you think i should keep trying or try with disecq 1.2 ?

Thanks
alfa155btcc
:)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you are not getting the results your require with USALS, then yes, use DISEQC 1.2, after you have found the satellites, there is no difference in operation.