Help required please. I can't get a new cam started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Guys,
I would appreciate some help with starting a new cam. My system has been down for some time due to a fault with my internet connection and possibly very little space on my c drive. Hopefully that has now been fixed with just over half of my c drive capacity free.

I have tried to re-booted my system without success. I have also opened the D.D.C.exe program which says the everything is fine but when I try to check my clines, the list with Var command is not there, only a list on the right hand side of the box which has different commands.

My technical knowledge is close to zero, so I would need step by step instructions on how to fix the problem.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You wont get step by step instructions on how to fix a card share problem. Anyone posting such information puts the forum under threat of being closed down. General help only is all we will permit.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry, did you reboot the box? If you make changes to your cam config you need to reboot the receiver (or at the very least restart the cam) for the changes to take effect. What cam is it? CCcam? Have you placed the config file in the correct directory?

I don't know what D.D.C is. I've always just used FTP when sending files to my E2 receivers.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
Barry, did you reboot the box? If you make changes to your cam config you need to reboot the receiver (or at the very least restart the cam) for the changes to take effect. What cam is it? CCcam? Have you placed the config file in the correct directory?

I don't know what D.D.C is. I've always just used FTP when sending files to my E2 receivers.

Hi Huevos, good to have contact again.

I have had several problems with the internet connection which has effected my computer since I changed providers. With help from the supplier, it is now much better. I lost connection to my setup but I did regain it after my connection was sorted.I don't know how to reconfig the cam or make changes to it but I un-pluged the box to re-start the cam. This worked originally but for some reason it keeps dropping off and the last couple of times that I tried, it does not restart and as a result, I get no programs. It's CCcam.

I am not sure if it is still down to the internet connection. What do yopu think?

Regards, Barry.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Analoguesat said:
You wont get step by step instructions on how to fix a card share problem. Anyone posting such information puts the forum under threat of being closed down. General help only is all we will permit.

As always, I will never knowingly break the forum rules. Thanks for keeping me on the right track.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry Young said:
for some reason it keeps dropping off and the last couple of times that I tried, it does not restart and as a result, I get no programs. It's CCcam.

I am not sure if it is still down to the internet connection. What do yopu think?

Regards, Barry.
If CCcam won't start that is nothing to do with the internet connection. Are you sure the cam is not starting? How do you know it is not starting? Start with an empty CCcam.cfg file and see if you can get the cam started like that. If not the config file is in the wrong place.

mikie8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Diablo wifi
dgstation 200s+ modded to 64Mb
Gibbertini 1.2M Channel Master feedhorn Inverto white
Fibo 90Cm fibo motor inverto white
85cm generic 2600 TM , black ultra
Superjack dp6600
Pace Mss-500
My Location
dagenham
try logging into cccam's webinfo page . default port is 16001 . to see if cccam is running .

use a free ftp prog like filezila , to see if cccam is in /var/bin and to see if cccam.cfg is in /var/etc

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
If CCcam won't start that is nothing to do with the internet connection. Are you sure the cam is not starting? How do you know it is not starting? Start with an empty CCcam.cfg file and see if you can get the cam started like that. If not the config file is in the wrong place.

The CCcam is not starting. The little cogs at the top of the start up srceen do not appear and no programs are available. What do you mean exactly when you say start with an empty CCcam? How do I do that? If the config file is in the wrong place, how do I rectify that?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
mikie8 said:
try logging into cccam's webinfo page . default port is 16001 . to see if cccam is running .

use a free ftp prog like filezila , to see if cccam is in /var/bin and to see if cccam.cfg is in /var/etc

I am going out now but I will try what you say but to be honest, it's like Chinese to me, can you explain in greater detail what I need to do please?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi guys, Any updates please?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry Young said:
Hi guys, Any updates please?
What have you tried so far? Have you FTP'd to the box to check those files are in their correct locations? Did you try an empty CCcam.cfg?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
What have you tried so far? Have you FTP'd to the box to check those files are in their correct locations? Did you try an empty CCcam.cfg?

Hi Huevos, sorry about the delay in getting back to you. All I have tried is to re-boot the dreambox. The message on the box says, booting but nothing happens. I did try to FTP to the box but when I went into the program the list to check the CCcam was empty. I'm wondering if I should delete the program and re-instate it. I'm not sure how to try an empty CCcam.cfg

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Huevos, I tried again to re-boot the box and low and behold it worked.

I now think that the problem that needs to be solved is the alignment of the dish. I had Sky sports news on and the signal kept dropping off for most of the time that I left the system on. It came back at intervals but only for short periods of time.

The sky box upstairs is working but I'm losing various signals on that, including my ITV Granada and BBC North West. I can change to other channels by using the other programs menu but the signal sometimes drops off depending on the time of day.

Any chance you can sort it for me and of course treat it as a job.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry Young said:
Hi Huevos, I tried again to re-boot the box and low and behold it worked.

I now think that the problem that needs to be solved is the alignment of the dish. I had Sky sports news on and the signal kept dropping off for most of the time that I left the system on. It came back at intervals but only for short periods of time.

The sky box upstairs is working but I'm losing various signals on that, including my ITV Granada and BBC North West. I can change to other channels by using the other programs menu but the signal sometimes drops off depending on the time of day.

Any chance you can sort it for me and of course treat it as a job.
Hi Barry,

BBC One North West is a horizontally polarised transponder so you are only going to get that part time anyway. Sky Sports News is on a north beam transponder and some receivers struggle to get it. I get it 24/7 on a 1.8m dish with the Vu+, but my neighbour can't get it with a 2.4m and a Thomson SD Sky box. ITV 1 Granada should be 24/7 on your 2.4m dish. Is the Sky box there HD, with HD sub?

Tomorrow I'm going to the south Costa Blanca but I could do it Saturday or Sunday. Give me a call and let me know what suits you.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
Hi Barry,

BBC One North West is a horizontally polarised transponder so you are only going to get that part time anyway. Sky Sports News is on a north beam transponder and some receivers struggle to get it. I get it 24/7 on a 1.8m dish with the Vu+, but my neighbour can't get it with a 2.4m and a Thomson SD Sky box. ITV 1 Granada should be 24/7 on your 2.4m dish. Is the Sky box there HD, with HD sub?

Tomorrow I'm going to the south Costa Blanca but I could do it Saturday or Sunday. Give me a call and let me know what suits you.

Hi Huevos, The Sky box is not HD, only the dreambox. I will take a look at what we have on over the weekend and get back to you later today.

Thanks.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Hi Huevos, The DM box booted up first time this morning. I have asked for new Clines so I will monitor what happens when that gets sorted.

Thanks for your help and I will let you know how I get on.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry Young said:
The DM box booted up first time this morning.
It's obviously a hardware fault then, not software. Strange though because it seems to work fine if it does boot.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
BTW, here are a couple of youtube videos staring the creature that bit you the other day when you were clearing the greenery from around the dish.

[video=youtube;4enilF4pEko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4enilF4pEko[/video]
4enilF4pEko

[video=youtube;mf2Kpqf848w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2Kpqf848w[/video]

mf2Kpqf848w

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Barry Young said:
Hi Huevos, The DM box booted up first time this morning. I have asked for new Clines so I will monitor what happens when that gets sorted.

Are you using commercial servers for your clines?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Analoguesat said:
Are you using commercial servers for your clines?
Yes, I won't mention who from but the set up was quite good until recently but it seems to have gone downhill recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.