Humax -foxsat No or Poor signal ?

owdtinker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic Viera 26",Panasonic 160GB Hd recorder, Humax foxsat
My Location
Hertforshire UK
I have about three weeks ago purchased and had installed a 26" Panasonic HDTV together with a Panasonic 160GB recorder and a Humax Foxsat Freesat satelite receiver. I have had for three Fridays running found I have 'No or Poor signal' on Freesat with this setup and it seems to recover the following day. Is this due to the service being off the air or have I got a faulty Humax box?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to satellites forum,

It could well be but I would be inclined to check the alignment of the dish itself as this could be causing intermittent loss of channels.

SatMan :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Presumably the dish was previously used for a $ly installation. Was it working properly then? Do you have a Dodgeybox handy to check whether that's working properly?

Or is it a new installation dish - in which case I'll go with satelliteman's suggestion.

owdtinker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Panasonic Viera 26",Panasonic 160GB Hd recorder, Humax foxsat
My Location
Hertforshire UK
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have today Monday 4th when the the Humax help line opened after the weekend, contacted them and after explaining the problem with a technician was talked through a 'Factory Reset' of the box after which it started to work again. After telling the man that this problem had occurred three times in as many weeks, he said that if it happens again to return it to the shop for a replacement as the box could have an intermittent fault.