Humax Freesat HDR PVR Question

cdn-home

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Selfsat H21D antenna + Selfsat 2400 receiver + Panasonic TX-L32G10B

PC= Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 ultimate
My Location
Gloucestershire, U.K.
I'm looking at buying a Humax PVR. According to information this has an LNB 1 OUT connection which apparently allows connection to another Digital Satellitte receiver. However the manual says nothing more on the subject.

Does anyone know if this means I could connect to a TV with it's own Freesat receiver via the LNB out connection from the Humax?

If so would it mean the Humax controlled the Channel to be watched or is it the same as a Coaxial cable aerial connected to into a VCR and then onto a TV.

Any information appreciated. Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The lnb loop through provides a very limited subset of channels unless the original receiver is in standby!

If you want to use the Freesat tv and the humax box at the same time you will need to run another cable from the dish to the second location - and change the lnb on the dish if its not a quad (4) output type.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Best answer is a quad LNB with a twin feed for the LNB and a separate feed for the TV!

The LNB1 out on the HDR is there mainly for a single feed installation (which you appear to have) to feed back in to the LNB2 input on the HDR. This means that if you're recording something then there's a limited number of channels that can be watched at the same time.

cdn-home

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Selfsat H21D antenna + Selfsat 2400 receiver + Panasonic TX-L32G10B

PC= Toshiba Laptop Windows 7 ultimate
My Location
Gloucestershire, U.K.
Thanks for the two comments. Currently my Sat Antenna has a twin LNB and I have two cables. One feeding Freesat TV directly and the other to separate Sat. Receiver, so I can record (via VCR) one channel whilst watching another. So looks like I need a Quad LNB and a third cable into the room with the Humax.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You certainly need a Quad. If you think there's any chance of more satellite receivers around the house you might even consider an Octo (eight output) LNB.