Humax HDCI2000 Sat lineup update, missing Satellites

speedy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV on Mac
My Location
Italy
Hi all,

Have updated the receiver with latest firmware, in hoping too for satellites update (missing Eurobird 9, and quite a few), actually see no 'visible' difference with other firmware versions,

Have been through the forums, and one of the members posts a link / file which apparently updates all frequencies(_http://rapidshare.de/files/39037240/JoshyFun_Transponders.rar.html), and it doesn't mention if it updates sat lineups,

As I open the file, I get a virus - trojan horse alert, so I delete the file, please someone reassure me it's clean?

On the other hand, went crazy updating - inserting the transponder list with Formula Editor, upload it on receiver, run a scan, and find no channels,

Contacted Humax UK (apparently for Europe it's the main support), of course no reply or support or whatever,

Am a bit disappointed, as I thought the Humax was one of the best STBs, but a receiver without a complete satellite lineup is far from being the best,

Would be grateful for any hints and how to-s, as an STB with 20 -or so- only satellites listed is a bit wasted, and takes away part of the fun of sat zapping;
plus considering the Brand, one would hope of something a bit more complete,

Thanks!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Use Laural's list (_www.laurals.net/index1.htm) for 14th May. That has around thirty satellites. Eurobird 9E is coupled with Eutelsat W1 10E in the list as I believe Laural was unable to differentiate the two when he compiled the list using the Diseqc 1.2 software in the Humax.

I added Eurobird 9E in a fixed dish list though, as I use a separate positioner for moving my dish.

Llew

speedy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV on Mac
My Location
Italy
Thanks again for fast answer too, will give it a try and let you know,

Take care

pajo100

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 /1.8 Channel Master fully 36v motorised 58west to 42east Pace MSS500 Positioner
,Technomate 6900 Super HD ,Humax 8100PVR oh and a Amstrad Sky+ digibox.
My Location
Ireland
Humax customer care is a joke ,once they sell the boxes after sales service is non-existant and as for software updates I don't know why they bother to put it in the receiver as it NEVER works.
What a pity that such technically good boxes are ruined because of Humax's self interest in profit only!!! Shame on you Humax executives.