Humax icord motor control problems.

punjetas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self installed 2 antenna (90cms)...1xfixed Hispasat..1xEutelsat/Astra etc(HtoH)...iCordXcr....Panasonic TV Xcr
My Location
Sussex
Hi Folks........re iCord Xcrs Current rev level(GXLSC1 1.00.16) ......There is comment to be found in two forums re DiSEqC control signals not working.I would appreciate any info on the following:-

(1) Has anyone made a Vee Box positioner......DiSEqC input/36volt dc o/put respond to the iCord DiSEqc control?...... How do I change sat positions at present..........manually via the Vee Box remote.

(2) If you look at the spec for an iCord (160) in my case, it states for DiSEqC o/puts versions 1.0 1.2 USALS etc. Vee Box spec states works with controls 1.0 and 1.2...... 1.0 is for up to four LNB selections; 1.2 is for DiSEqC motor control.........plus USALS. All sounds as though it may work; but does not. If you look at the iCord satellite set up menu there is a DiSEqc "box" which gives the following availabilities......Disable..Tone Burst A..Tone Burst B..DiSEqC A; B; C; D...For LNB's ???.......DiSEqC A;B;C;D; all with a (2.0).......meaning DiSEqc version 2.0 for motor control????.

(3) Has anyone any idea why when the iCord is in standby at random it performs a "System Check" more times than seems reasonable? This is giving me problems elsewhere on my system, which at present I'll not bore you with!!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What are you trying to control the V-box with?

Disecq1.2 or via USALS.

USALS doesn't work with V-boxes.

Also, you will also have to tell the receiver that you have a motorised dish not a FIXED dish I woul have thought.

(As per the manual)

_http://www.humax-digital.de/products/new_manual/iCordHD_100GB_M.pdf

punjetas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self installed 2 antenna (90cms)...1xfixed Hispasat..1xEutelsat/Astra etc(HtoH)...iCordXcr....Panasonic TV Xcr
My Location
Sussex
Hi Robbo and thank you for your quick response to my DiSEqC query.........I went through the set up routine again, for a motorised dish for the" Nth" time and for reasons other than previous "finger trouble"; this time the process WORKED on all the sat posns: I use.........Thanks to for the info: re USALS...........I was not aware that the system does not work on Vee Boxes.

If any info: re "System Check" comes to" light" in the future I would appreciate the details...........Kind Regards John