impossible to upgrade the software

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal
Hi. I have a 5620s and a 500s. My 5620s as a weird problem. It doesn't accept any Gemini image v.2.xx. It accepts the original v. 1.06, but not the Gemini. It doesn't accept, also, the original v. 1.08. Curious thing is that accepts Gemini until the version 1.3. Can anyone explain me what's wrong? Best regards, DHeart

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
DHeart said:
Hi. I have a 5620s and a 500s. My 5620s as a weird problem. It doesn't accept any Gemini image v.2.xx. It accepts the original v. 1.06, but not the Gemini. It doesn't accept, also, the original v. 1.08. Curious thing is that accepts Gemini until the version 1.3. Can anyone explain me what's wrong? Best regards, DHeart

How are you trying to load images?? with Flash Wizzard Pro ? Try another version.

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
Tried everything (null-modem cable, network cable, original image, gemini image, erase image, bootloader with jtag) - First try - flashed the Gemini image, pushed the up button (on the front of the dream) and nothing - Second try - flashed the original image, pushed the up button, flashed the Gemini image, pushed the up button and nothing - Third try - flashed the bootloader by JTAG, flashed the original image, pushed the up button, flashed the Gemini image, pushed the up button and nothing - Fourth try - flashed the Gemini image, flashed the bootloader, pushed the up button and nothing - Fifth try - flashed the original image v1.08, pushed the up button and nothing - sixth try - flashed the Gemini image v1.2, pushed the up button and it works It works with Gemini until v.12, or original image v1.06. Versions after, doesn't start. Not even the flashing digit acts the same. Tried flashing by rs-232 and by ethernet. Tried Dreamup, DreamupLan, Flashwizard Pro and Universal Dreamup.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
What do you mean 'nothing' ? Do you mean lcd in box showing '5600.....' ? After uploading by dreamup or flashwizard, what last info (like 'success..' ) do you get ? Next time don't press up button, just wait to see if the 'Pal' bit comes on, sometimes it takes a while.

Regards, pcd.

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Portugal
After i flashed the box, on the first boot, it needs for me to press, and maintain pressed, the "up" button until the first digit, on the right side of the lcd, stops blinking and the "Pal" dialog window appears. Correct?
Well, it stops early than it should and no "Pal" window.
I've maintained pressed, the "up" button, for a least 5 minutes.
If i don't press the button, it's the same.
The DM500S, and earlier generations, don't need the button procedure. But the 56xxS and 7000S do.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
You only need to press the up button when you use dream up. Use the latest version of flash wizzard pro. I use 6.3 on the 5620 and works all the time on the latest 2.9. using fwp you dont need to use the up button. Try a fresh image again.