VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
Hi guys, im looking for an installer near my location who will install my channel master 1.2 dish and 1224 motor.

The cables / wall brackets / pole are already done, i live in a ground level bungalow and have access to ladders and sat meter if that helps.

Thanks for any response.

Attachments

• Powder Coated Pole & Brackets.JPG
    Powder Coated Pole & Brackets.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You've already done most of the work, why not finish the installation yourself, it's a lot easier than you might think.

I am concerned about the cable, it looks like it's close to the pole, in your photograph, and might foul the dish. Is it a telephone line?

You might be able to drop the pole down, to touch the ground, which would make it more stable, but this mainly depends on where your True South is.

Can you please visit dishpointer.com, put in your postcode, as your location, then select 0.8W Intelsat, from the drop down box, on the right. Then zoom in on the map, moving the icon, to where your bungalow is, and grab a screen shot.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
Hi, i have back issues so cannot use the ladders. The cable is just hanging to the ground loosely waiting to be fitted.

mod note: image deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
From your screengrab, it looks like you need to have the dish pointing over your roof, so the cable, that currently looks like it's touching your pole, might not be affected
.Powder Coated Pole & Brackets.JPG

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
The dish will be pointing over the roof, take a look at my avatar, it was up for 3 years.

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, GigaBlue UE 4K, Zone 1 28.2e, Zone 1 30W. Kathrein 1m 5W - 23E
My Location
Midlands
Hi, i have back issues so cannot use the ladders. The cable is just hanging to the ground loosely waiting to be fitted.

Fyi, in that post you have posted your exact location on an open forum

bmitie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised, db500s, spider, win xp pro
My Location
europe
Have you tried Purplesat? Looking at pics that's not a long or difficult re-install.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
Have you tried Purplesat? Looking at pics that's not a long or difficult re-install.
Scumbag Duncan did the original install before i took it down to be re powder coated, when i called him up to have it put back up he sent round an old plank of a guy who duncan recomended was good. The guy got to my house and didnt have a clue about a 36v install. It took him hours to put the sat dish on the pole and then couldnt align it. Charged me £40 for the motor cable then he left and never returned to finish the job. I called duncan back up and told him, after that call duncan ignored the job and left me with a dish that wasnt functioning. So i had to take it back down by myself. Duncan also took a brand new v-box of mine that i paid £100 for and he left me with an old clapped out one. He never returned it back to me after asking many times but he just ignored my texts and calls.

I would NOT trust purplesat ever again nor would i ever recomend him, period...

Last edited:

bmitie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised, db500s, spider, win xp pro
My Location
europe
I used to refer to a name Pedro and all I got was good reports. He did work down in London. That was not very nice treatment. Is it not theft taking a box worth £100.00

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
He is called pedro2000 on other forums and he does know his stuff but it was very unprofessional what he did to me as a customer. The v-box was a pr1200 from sss, duncan told me it was crap which is why he swapped it. Couldnt have been that crap for him to take and keep it. i was angry for months over the whole thing.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
Im now thinking of doing the install myself, to be safe i would need a scaffold tower but they are costly. I could hire one but owning my own means its always there if the dish gets moved in high winds. I have a labegear S501 meter with some knowledge. I am willing to try but may need help along the way from the forum. I havent yet decided though what im going to do, a company has offered to do it for £200.

Attachments

• 4 meter.jpg
    4 meter.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 19

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Haven't you got a couple of friends, who can slot the dish/motor onto the pole?
Once the Jaegar 1224 is on the pole, aligning it to 1W is quite easy, and no longer requires any lifting.

Check out this thread:

As you can see, from the pictures, in that thread, when aligned to 1W, the dish is almost parallel.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
Haven't you got a couple of friends, who can slot the dish/motor onto the pole?
Once the Jaegar 1224 is on the pole, aligning it to 1W is quite easy, and no longer requires any lifting.

Check out this thread:

As you can see, from the pictures, in that thread, when aligned to 1W, the dish is almost parallel.
Ive already been doing a lot of readfing and i will defo read that topic. I have already set my feedhorn and c120 inverto to zero. I know the motor will be at 0 when i take delivery hopefully next week. BTW the lifting it onto the pole will be the hardest for me so i may need to find some help from my brother. I have a passion for the 1224 and always wanted one, its nice to see other setups using it :)

In my previous install below you can see my motor bracket just slightly left to 0.8w when it was setup.

@Mickha, you can see the cables distance you mentioned from a better angle in the pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0196.JPG
    DSC_0196.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
In this latest photo that cable is way above the dish, I was concerned that the motor would contact that cable, going by the first photo.

When aligning your dish, to 1W, first you need to move the motor/dish slightly, so that when your dish is aligned to 1W, the zero, on your motor, is pointing at your longitudal position, which I think was about 2 degrees East.

Why did the installer take your V-Box II?

Finding other satellites, using your receiver, can be made easier by using a cheap satellite meter. Most Meters have Rec, and LNB, on the meter, so that you know which cable connects to your receiver, and which end connects to your LNB.
If you do this near your receiver, by making up a small cable, to connect to your receiver, and plugging the coax cable, from your dish, into the LNB end, then as you move the dish, using the satellite finder option, which is available on most receivers software, then as you gently move the dish, East, or West, you can check the signal strength, then when it peaks, scan in some channels and check on lyngsat, or other site, to confirm which satellite you're on, and store the position accordingly, on the V-Box II.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I've never had that model, but I don't think I'd take the word of someone who had never set up a 36v system, before, as you only require a V-Box II on a 36v installation.
What make/model V-box II did he leave with you?
What make/model receiver are you going to use?

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
It was Duncan who took it and not the failed guy.

I was left an Alsat Gbox with a loose connection block.

I'm using the VU+ Ultimo 4K.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Which image, do you have loaded, on your VU+?
I'm running OpenBh 5.3, on my older VU+ Duo 2.

Hopefully the Gbox will work, as I haven't heard of one for many years. I did try a search, for the PR 1200, and a Primesat 1200, for reviews, and problems, but I couldn't find any mention of them losing the satellite positions.

BanjoXo71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo 4k [1TB]
Channel Master 1.2m
Moteck V-Box
Jaeger SMR 1224
Inverto C120 LNB
Raven Feedhorn
My Location
Rochdale
Its OpenBH image 4.4.023. I know there is a newer one now but it needs a fresh install [wont update online] and i can be bothered putting all my settings back in.

I also have a 2nd Alsat GBox because the one i was left got too noisy. I called up Dave from SSS and asked him at the time and he said there was no issues with the box. Always on the lookout though for buying spare v-box's but i want the ones with 99 positions. They rarely come up for sale now on fleabay.

Last edited: